4D Molecular Therapeutics, Inc. (“4DMT”) is a clinical-stage gene therapy company pioneering the development of product candidates using targeted and evolved AAV vectors. 4DMT seeks to unlock the full potential of gene therapy using its platform, Therapeutic Vector Evolution, which combines the power of directed evolution with approximately one billion synthetic capsid sequences to invent evolved vectors for use in targeted gene therapy products. The company is initially focused in three therapeutic areas: ophthalmology, cardiology, and pulmonology. The 4DMT targeted and evolved vectors are invented with the goal of being delivered through clinically routine, well-tolerated and minimally invasive routes of administration, transducing diseased cells in target tissues efficiently, having reduced immunogenicity and, where relevant, having resistance to pre-existing antibodies. 4DMT is currently conducting three clinical trials: 4D-125 is in a Phase 1/2 clinical trial for XLRP, 4D-110 is in a Phase 1 clinical trial for choroideremia and 4D-310 is in a Phase 1/2 clinical trial for Fabry disease.
4DMT is focused on attracting and retaining the best people in the industry who identify with our mission and innovative results-driven approach. We offer an inspiring and collaborative environment that encourages individual contributions, recognizes performance in multiple ways, offers competitive salary and benefits, and provides challenging opportunities for career development. 4D Molecular Therapeutics is located in Emeryville, CA.
In this position, you’ll work closely with the Director of Operations, team, and CHRO to enable HR Operations, Compensation, compliance, and administration. As our organization is growing rapidly, we need someone with an eye for processes and systems that are both stage-appropriate and can scale as we grow.
- Processes and Projects
- Using your own expertise and under the guidance of the HR Director, understand the Human Resources and Organization’s pain points and implement solutions to address them
- Spearhead processes, projects, initiatives, and see them from end-to-end (design and implementation)
- Strengthen current programs and decision-making
- Build on current Compensation and Performance program KPIs, and champion opportunities for improvement. Prepare reports to track progress against goals
- Assist with answering tickets on Freshservice HR ticketing platform
- Optimize the use of existing technologies; recommend and implement new technologies to address our biggest opportunity areas
- Own aspects of our compensation and HR systems; maximizing our current systems and implementing new ones where needed. This might include evaluation and implementation of new systems, tools, and optimization of HR workflows
- Help manage new HR technology RFP, implementation, and go-live process
- Help to inform and educate employees on processes and systems to ensure understanding
- Make suggestions for our Intranet to communicate changes or new policies, technology, and programs.
- Develop and Manage ways for our compensation, operations, and HR team to leverage technology to make our work smarter, not harder
- Oversee aspects of the development, implementation, and maintenance of Compliance Programs, including aspects of publicly traded companies’ responsibilities
- Conduct audits in partnership with the Finance and Accounting teams as well as outside vendors.
- Maintain an HR Playbook with guides to all processes for training and reference
- Track and integrate new regulations, laws, and best practices into our policies, handbook, record keeping system, and technology
- Annual review and update of all policies and procedures
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Collect, analyze and present DEI&B data from multiple sources in support of the CHRO, HRBP and other projects.
- Communicate and collaborate with key partners, facilitating successful change and project management
- Act as back up to HR Administrator for extra coverage as needed
- Work on Team projects that impact the HR team’s effectiveness and partnership with the organization
- Other duties as assigned, nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
- BA required
- 6+ years of HR experience. SHRM-CP, PHR, SPHR or other HR certification are a plus!
- 4+ years of experience with HR Operations
- HRIS administration experience, Workday a plus!
- Robust data analysis and advanced knowledge of Excel and MS Office Software tools
- Ability to plan, lead, collaborate and delegate effectively as a project leader. Project Manager experience is a plus!
- Experience coaching or mentoring with the ability to teach others the ins and outs of HR Ops & Systems
- Strong written and verbal communication
- People-person with a customer service attitude – you thrive off helping others
- Highly organized with high attention-to-detail
- Interpersonal skills and organizational agility: Demonstrated track record of developing effective relationships across all levels of the organization and with diverse client groups. Ability to develop the trust of business executives.
- Demonstrated ability to drive major initiatives and influence stakeholders at all levels.
- Change management skills: Ability to add value through change management; help pivot the culture and improve the overall effectiveness of the business and teams.
- Physical Requirements:
- Ability to use a computer, phone and other technology, written and verbal communication, sitting for long periods.
- Adhere to Covid procedures and policies
4DMT provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran, and any other category protected under applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities