Amsted Rail has an immediate opening for a Senior Accountant at its operation in Granite City, Illinois.
Amsted Rail is the world’s leading provider of fully integrated bogie systems for the heavy haul freight market, with facilities spanning 40 locations across 10 countries and 6 continents. Through their state-of-the-art manufacturing processes, Amsted Rail is redefining industry standards for innovation and technology, providing customers worldwide with unmatched performance and reliability for the long haul.
The Senior Accountant performs various duties to support the accounting, finance and reporting functions of the business and its operations. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, highly motivated self-starter and interested in a role within a manufacturing setting that involves learning a business and working closely with operations. Duties and responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with the month-end closing process, including preparation of journal entries, general ledger account analysis and variance analysis
- Reconcile assigned accounts monthly with a focus of clearing reconciling items in a timely manner
- Prepare monthly reports and supporting schedules for inclusion in Management’s monthly operations package
- Coordinate periodic inventory counts of manufactured castings and various production supplies
- Assist with management of purchased scrap, including reconciliation of scrap receipts, consumption tracking and monitoring of scrap piles to ensure value accuracy within SAP
- Assist with internal audits
- Identify, recommend and implement improvements to existing processes and internal controls
- Perform daily cost review
- Coordinate fixed asset physical inventory
- Perform additional tasks and ad-hoc projects as needed
The successful candidate must have a B.S. in Accounting/Finance or related field. 2-5 years of accounting or related experience preferred. Experience in manufacturing a plus. Experience with SAP or another ERP system preferred. Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Office and possess strong business, organizational and communication skills. Ability to work cross-functionally to resolve issues and achieve results, including capability to handle analysis from issue identification to proposal of potential solutions.
We are a privately held, 100% employee-owned company! As an Amsted Rail employee, you are an owner. Our commitment to employee’s professional satisfaction includes creating space and opportunities to be creative and an integral part of our innovation journey and business success;
for employee’s personal fulfillment, we invest in everyone’s growth and development while ensuring a work environment that values them as an individual, with their unique set of strengths and beliefs.
Amsted Rail is an industry leader that can offer more than a chance to succeed. Through our competitive wages, outstanding benefits, and internal development and advancement opportunities, you will have the chance to create a career of which you can be proud, whether inside Amsted Rail or within one of our other five businesses within Amsted Industries.
Benefits include being an employee-owner participating in our ESOP program and benefiting from an additional full range of benefits including medical, dental, vision and 401(k).
Visit our website at www.amstedrail.com. You will be impressed!
Please apply at www.amstedrail.com/careers.