For a 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a BEREAVEMENT COORDINATOR in Wausau, Wisconsin at Aspirus Comfort Care and Hospice Services. The Bereavement Coordinator is a core interdisciplinary Hospice Team member who coordinates the bereavement services provided by Aspirus Comfort Care and Hospice Services (ACCHS) to patients/families and the community; including outpatient bereavement counseling and support group services.
- Knowledge of patient care as it relates to bereavement normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in a healthcare related field (social work, nursing, psychology, divinity or other religious field), with academic concentration in psychosocial aspects of terminal illness and bereavement, or post graduate courses in death, dying, grief and loss.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Previous professional experience working with hospice, in home care settings, working with people regarding death, dying and bereavement, and/or working on a multidisciplinary team.
- Possesses Wisconsin Certified Social Worker licensure.
- Possesses and maintains a valid Wisconsin Driver’s License required.
- Possesses automobile liability insurance with minimum $100,000/$300,000 coverage required, or $300,000 combined single-limit liability.
- Possesses ability to cope with a work environment that deals with death, dying and bereavement.
- Possesses skills necessary to be compassionate to those who are grief stricken and/or dealing with loss.
Hours: Full-time, Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, weekend & holiday rotation. 80 hours per pay period. Benefits package available.
Aspirus Wausau Hospital is the flagship of the Aspirus system that serves patients in 14 counties across northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It is a licensed private/not-for-profit facility with 325 beds and staffed by 350 physicians in 35 specialties. Aspirus Wausau Hospital is a Level II trauma center that provides primary, secondary and tertiary care services as a regional referral center. Specialty referral service emphasis exists in cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics and cancer. The hospital has an average daily inpatient census of 160 with approximately 15,000 admissions per year. Outpatient visits exceed 50,000 and there are also more than 24,000 annual emergency department visits.
Best known for its world-class cardiovascular program, Aspirus Wausau Hospital also provides leading edge cancer, trauma, women’s health, and spine and neurological care.
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
To learn more about Wausau click here: Wausau, Wisconsin