As a Sales Executive Intern, you will gain an understanding of the insurance industry and the distribution models for insurance products and in-house services, learning how to leverage that understanding when identifying potential clients. You’ll help us share how AssuredPartners brings a customized approach to risk management, collaborating with clients, carriers, and colleagues. The program will provide you with an understanding of the business-to-business sales process, from initial prospect identification through the close of a sale, while surrounding you with a dedicated team to help develop your sales skills. This internship simulates the work required to thrive in a fast-paced sales culture, focused on activity and results. Through sales competitions, trainings, and mentorship, you will have endless opportunities to grow.
The Ideal Candidate
- An excellent candidate is someone who is professional, adaptable, and congenial with an inquisitive personality and strong critical thinking skills.
- You should know how to take initiative but also know how to work in a team as a dependable member.
National Internship Program:
At AssuredPartners, our internship program was created to support the next generation of talent in finding meaningful, professional development experiences within the insurance industry. We expect all of our teammates to actively present new ideas, take a thoughtful approach to responsibilities, and help contribute to building our culture. You will grow with the help of an assigned mentor, be exposed to leadership, departments, and other interns, and create lasting connections.
Please note that the duties below can vary based on the workflow of your local office.
- Complete a rotation through critical teams which help assess issues, develop solutions, negotiate risk transfer contracts, and provide claims advocacy on behalf of policy holders.
- Develop critical sales skills in opportunity identification, lead nurturing, and setting appointments.
- Build prospect lists relevant to your sales teams identified parameters.
- Learn the functionality of lead generating tools.
- Develop outbound marketing campaigns through various communication channels.
- Work closely with sales teams to set new business appointments.
- Utilize AssuredPartners’ Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) to track leads, individual sales activities, and email marketing campaigns.
- Copy data and compiles records and reports.
- Follow company policies with respect to all essential duties and responsibilities.
- Must be enrolled in post-secondary education, ideally in a degree program concentrating in Risk Management & Insurance, Finance, Sales, or Business.
- Must be competitive, persistent, and self-reliant, with high energy.
- Working toward a degree in Risk Management & Insurance or other business concentration – preferred.
- Proficient Microsoft Excel skills.
Grow, with us
AssuredPartners is passionate about fueling our clients’ innovation and growth. That makes us the perfect place for creative, dynamic people who want to grow their career while helping businesses, families and people thrive.
We’re proud to be the fastest-growing independent insurance broker in America, but we’re even prouder of the honest, caring relationships that our employees build with our clients every day.
Working with us will give you the opportunity to do work that matters while you learn with us, advance with us, and most importantly, grow with us.
AssuredPartners is committed to embracing diversity, equity and inclusion to create a workplace that welcomes and thrives on the unique experiences, perspectives and contributions of all team members. AssuredPartners is bringing the best people and most diverse talent forward to drive growth, innovate and think bigger!