If you are driven by collaboration, have the ambition to inspire others to achieve their highest potential and want to help develop a workplace that shatters the stale stereotype of professional firms, then the People First team was made for you.
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
BerganKDV has provided innovative yet practical solutions for small to large-size companies since 1945. From our beginning as a trusted CPA firm, we have expanded and adapted to offer business planning and consulting, tax, audit and accounting, wealth management, and technology services across the country. At BerganKDV we believe our role as advisors is to build relationships with our clients, take an active interest in their unique situations, and provide expertise and resources to help them achieve their goals. Bringing value to our clients is what we do best and seeing them succeed is our ultimate goal.
The BerganKDV HR Assistant will provide administrative support to the Human Resources team. The HR Assistant will be focused on HRIS entry, file maintenance, benefit administration support, pre-employment tasks, and the employee termination process.
- Assist with background check process
- Ensure the completion of new hire paperwork and tasks and mitigate issues that may arise during onboarding
- Ensure the completion of exiting employee paperwork and tasks, internal transfers and status changes of employees
- Complete verifications of employment
- Audit monthly benefit invoices for accuracy
- Assist with FMLA administration and communication
- Assist with benefits enrollment (new employee, life change events and annual) and answer general questions
- Assist with data entry and maintain integrity of the HCM system
- Assure all employee files meet legal and Company standards
- Ensure required notifications and posters are available in each location
- Assist with metrics reporting and analysis
- Develops open and cordial oral and written communication with appropriate personnel to facilitate good relations and exceptional client service
- Develops basic understanding of the firm to identify issues and provide constructive suggestions
- Support the growth and professional development of yourself and your BerganKDV teammates by participating in company sponsored trainings, internal committees, and mentorship opportunities
- Communicate effectively with your team striving for open and honest dialogue in all interactions
- Actively participates in department meetings and related committees
- High School graduate, associate’s degree in Business or Human Resources preferred
- 1+ years of related work experience
- Experience using HRIS system a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong listening skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, teamwork and organizational skills
- Integrity, maturity, dependability, a positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Analytical skills with high detail orientation
- Knowledge of technology and tools best practices
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Problem resolution and critical thinking skills
EXPLORE THE WORKPLACE OF THE FUTURE
BerganKDV is a leading professional services firm with a contagious culture; where growth is fostered and making a difference means something. Our values drive our decisions, and our passion is empowering people and creating wow experiences for our clients.
- Growth Potential
- Close-Knit Collaborative Team
- Mentor Program
- Employee Referral Rewards
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Customized Career Path
- Open Door Leadership Style
- Entrepreneurial Operating System – EOS / Traction
BENEFITS THAT GO BEYOND
We are proud to offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, with options designed to help you make the best decisions for yourself, your family and your career. Our competitive compensation package is catered to reward you for your performance and recognize you for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our total package includes medical and dental coverage, matching 401(k) plans, PTO, observed holidays and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.