The Field Sales Representative will be responsible for creating, developing, and driving sales within the meat processing, bakery, and produce markets as well as other food related industries. Primary product lines are personal protection (PPE), packaging, safety equipment, sanitation, material handling as well as other plant production supplies. This position sells to decision makers in the assigned geographic territory, in person and over the telephone/video conference and will build customer relationships, address product inquiries, delivery times, handle customer complaints, and effectively communicate with all appropriate internal departments/personnel.
At Bunzl, we know that our employees are our number one asset. We seek to recruit and retain the right people who are passionate about our business and we provide opportunities for our employees so that they may progress within our company based on their talents, experiences, and their aptitude.
- Conduct sales calls to increase sales through existing accounts, while also prospecting and building business with new accounts
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding sales and margin goals
- Demonstrate outstanding customer service to build relationships and ensure customer satisfaction
- Implement and manage pricing strategies within all accounts
- Work with manufacturers’ representatives to sell promoted items
- Attend sales meetings and meet with sales manager on a regular basis
- Utilize all appropriate VIP (Dimensions of Professional Selling) techniques and methodologies (will train).
- Bachelor’s degree. Degree in Professional Selling, Marketing or Business is a plus.
- Previous sales experience preferred
- Required to work independently, with minimal supervision
- outstanding customer service skills and the ability to work in a team setting with a diverse group of employees, managers and outside parties
- Exceptional analytical, organizational and oral/written communication skills
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Word and Excel required
- Experience with IBM I-Series/AS400 operating system highly desired
- Some travel is required; sometimes with overnight stays
- Must be willing to relocate to NY/NJ area upon completion of training in the Kansas City area (12-18 months)