You could be the one who changes everything for our 25 million members as a Financial Analyst Intern on our IT Finance Team.
- We are the Finance and Accounting function for the Corporate IT organization at Centene.
- Our main customer is Mark Brooks, CIO and his direct reports
- Team projects/activities that the intern could be involved with:
- Perform all month-end accounting functions for the Corporate IT group
- Compile consolidated and detailed reporting packages
- Prepare financial budgets and forecast
- Own the IT Funding Request approval process
- AdHoc financial analysis
- Compilation of business cases for IT purchases
- Learn various job functions within the Managed Care industry and explore various career opportunities
- Apply academic knowledge and learn new skills by contributing to various projects
- Research various legal, regulatory, and other topics within functional area and industry
- Attend training and development presentations to enhance professional competencies
Successful candidate is a:
- Self-starter who can not only identify problems, but propose solutions to solve problems
- Continuous learner, someone who strives to continually learn new skills
- Accounting or Finance major
- Eligible for CPA or interested in MBA is a plus
- Desire to learn more about corporate finance
Learn about various processes and functions within the Managed Care industry and develop professionally by contributing to projects that support the business.
High school diploma or equivalent. Must be enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited university or college, preferably in a field related to the hiring department through the internship period. Finance or accounting majors preferred.