The graduate intern will manage impactful and high level projects related to one of the Human Resources areas below:
Diversity & Inclusion
- The D&I team’s core initiatives are to foster a diverse workforce, advance D&I in the communities we serve, support the growth and representation of diverse vendors and suppliers, support our healthcare providers and partners in enhancing their awareness and cultural competency in serving diverse populations, and oversee our Employee Inclusion Groups. Projects could include developing and managing trainings, overseeing communications, research and benchmarking.
HR Business Partners
- Serves as the operational and strategic partner to all of the business areas within the organization and delivers all HR strategic programs; including upskilling employees, optimizing organizational performance, enhancing engagement and culture and driving and supporting organizational growth and workforce planning.
- Focuses on infrastructure and system support for employees and provides quality, operational excellence, data analytics, data health and governance, process improvement and HR system optimization to meet the employee needs of the enterprise.
HR Strategy & Data Analytics/Reporting
- Oversees all HR strategic projects, change management, annual planning and goals, HR budgeting, and HR meetings, people analytics and insights.
Talent Attraction (TA)
- In partnership with hiring leaders, the TA team’s mission is to attract top quality across the enterprise through talent advisory, employer branding, sourcing and management of the technology and processes for the team to recruit successfully and efficiently.
- Drives an enterprise-wide culture of continuous learning and development by providing tools, content and resources for individual contributors to senior leadership. Projects could be related to Learning & Development, Onboarding, e-Learnings and Centene University, Internal Marketing, Leadership Development Programs or Emerging Talent.
- Learn various job functions within the Managed Care industry and explore various career opportunities
- Apply academic knowledge and learn new skills by contributing to various projects
- Communicate project status and results to staff mentors and management
- Research various legal, regulatory, and other topics within functional area and industry
- Attend training and development presentations to enhance professional competencies
Learn about various processes and functions within the Managed Care industry and develop professionally by contributing to projects that support the business.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program.
- Project Management, excellent communication skills, relationship-building, analytical problem-solving skills, ability to work cross-functionally. Process improvement experience is helpful.
Bachelor’s degree. Must be enrolled in a graduate program at an accredited university or college in a field related to the hiring department through the internship period.