What You’ll Do:
The Staff Accountant assists in completing all accounting activities and the discharge of the Assistant Controllers responsibilities of the GL accounting department. Prepares, analyzes, and interprets accounting records and financial reports related to shared services accounting. Hybrid position 3 days in the office, 2 days work from home.
Your Key Responsibilities Include:
- Support the senior accountant and other department personnel with various accounting tasks, including transactional processing (revenue entries, cost of sales, recording deposits, etc.).
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations, including cash/bank reconciliations.
- Prepare and adjust recurring journal entries.
- Assist with monthly flux analysis.
- Maintain fixed assets and associated depreciation schedules.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
What You Have:
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees.
- Ability to meet deadlines with a sense of urgency and efficiency.
- Ability to manage multiple projects. Knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong Excel/MS Office skills.
Your Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 1 – 4 years of experience in accounting.
- Residential homebuilding/construction accounting experience preferred.