2022 Summer Internship Program: Check out our website at http://chaffeehabitat.org/wp/interns/.
Interns will receive a $1,750 stipend, as well as no-cost housing in our awesome intern apartment!
Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is known for its continuous efforts to pave the way for leading a brighter future for families in need. Since 1976, Habitat for Humanity has built or repaired more than one million houses in nearly one hundred countries, providing simple, decent, and affordable shelter for more than five million people worldwide. Located in beautiful Buena Vista, Colorado, Chaffee County Habitat for Humanity was established in 2000 and has built twenty-four homes and helped numerous individuals obtain affordable housing.
One of Colorado’s most desirable summer locations, Buena Vista, is surrounded by an abundance of 14,000ft peaks and is located on the banks of the Arkansas River, known by many as the “Whitewater Capital of the World”. A destination for visitors, interns will wake up every day to the beauty of the Arkansas Valley. This is a great opportunity to experience the best of what Colorado has to offer, learn valuable life lessons and occupational skills all while helping to transform a family’s life forever. This internship includes a travel expense stipend, no-cost housing, and potential school credit. Apply today for the experience of a lifetime!
Public Relations and Marketing Intern
Overall Nature and Scope of Position:
The student intern will be a member of the CCHfH staff and will work directly with all staff and volunteers. They will work in the community and share in the excitement of our summer building activities. The intern will also act as a representative for CCHfH to donors, volunteers, and the community. CCHfH is a small primarily volunteer-based organization providing the intern with the opportunity to be creative, successful, and gain on-the-job training that will assist them in their future career search.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
· Oversee summer outreach events and media relations
· Assist with the creation of annual newsletters
· Develop a social media campaign for CCHfH
· Help to develop a market analysis and marketing plan
· Assist with planning for and implementing fundraising campaigns
· Design and conduct a fundraising event
Supervision and Work Relationships:
The student intern works with all CCHfH staff members and volunteers. The position has extensive contact with the public and all volunteers that work with Habitat for Humanity.
· Applicants must be highly organized, detail-oriented with exceptional writing and multi-tasking skills
· Experience writing or creating marketing plans
· Proficient with Microsoft products and familiar with Adobe Suite
· Outgoing personality, comfortable representing CCHfH in the community
· Ability to meet daily and weekly deadlines
· Successfully pass a background investigation to perform duties as required
· Available during the summer build season: May through August (*Minimum 10-12 Weeks)
Rolling Admissions: Applications reviewed upon receipt. Apply early!
For questions or for additional information, please contact:
Angela Wallace, Program Coordinator
Chaffee County Habitat for Humanity
P.O. Box 4936
Buena Vista, CO 81211