The Director of Digital Marketing will drive the development and alignment of Chautauqua Institution’s digital marketing strategy with the organization’s business, strategic and brand-building objectives. This position will lead digital and email marketing, social media marketing, and paid media across Chautauqua’s business units. Digital marketing is intended to deliver patron experience objectives, which are core to mission delivery.
· Work with the marketing team to develop a digital marketing plan that supports our overall objectives and aligns with overall marketing and brand strategy to new and returning patrons. This includes email marketing/audience management, social media marketing, website/e-commerce design recommendations, key landing pages used for digital marketing purposes, search engine optimization, digital display network as well as other digital marketing opportunities.
· Advise and execute on paid media, SEO, social, email marketing, and other strategies to drive high-quality lead traffic and driving returning patrons to web properties and e-commerce sites.
· Direct management of Google Adwords, Facebook, and Instagram advertising accounts, including building and managing campaigns and/or working with agencies managing accounts.
· Oversee digital data and analytics infrastructure and monitoring including using Google Tag Manager and collaborating with Business Intelligence Analysis to report on all digital marketing activity.
· Perform audits of all active campaigns to ensure accuracy and share key learnings with the marketing team and internal stakeholders
· Manage budgets by channel/campaign and track/analyze campaign analytics and return on ad spend; optimize as needed.
· Supervise and mentor staff in areas of responsibility.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Minimum of 3-years of experience managing digital marketing campaigns, including email automation and journeys, digital measurements, analytics/reporting, and using data and metrics to determine ROI.
· Minimum of 3-years of experience working with digital marketing technologies, such as Google Tag Manager, Google Adwords, Facebook Business Manager, Salesforce, Marketing Cloud, Advertising Studio, and Social Studio (preferred).
Skills and Abilities
- Digital marketing knowledge and technical savvy with proven success and innovative techniques for communicating information to unique markets across web, email, search, and social channels.
- Deep understanding of management principles for involvement in strategic planning, resource allocation, the leadership of projects and workgroups, and coordination of people and resources.
- Social perceptiveness to understand people and markets, gauge reactions, and influence behaviors.
- Active listening to understand information that has implications for decision-making.
· Relationship-building expertise to share information or provide administrative support across interworking teams. A consultative and collaborative approach to problem-resolution in teams.
- Logic and reasoning to understand complex challenges, extract relevant information, and apply that information to effective solutions, and recommend strategies for successful digital marketing.
· Self-starter who will be a dependable business partner focused on work that builds a foundation of process and procedure, accomplishes routine responsibilities, plans for the future, and meets goals.
· A life-long learner who is eager to maintain technical knowledge, establish professional networks, participate in industry-specific organizations, and attend conferences.
Supervision and Guidance
The Director of Digital Marketing will oversee the Social Media Manager/Content Editor.
Hours of Work, Location, and Travel
The Director of Digital Marketing will average 35-hours per week with a periodic increase of working hours (approximately 50-hours per week) required based on business needs in pre-operation and operating seasons, specifically February – July.
This position will be based in Chautauqua Institution’s home office, located in South Western New York. Qualified candidates may also be considered for partial telework.
Occasional travel is required to various professional events, conferences, and training using personal or occasionally rental vehicles. Travel predominantly within the region in an approximate 100-mile radius. Self-coordination of business travel and occasional flights required.
Chautauqua Institution’s competitive benefits suite includes health insurance, dental insurance, flexible spend (or health savings) account options, vision insurance, complimentary life insurance, access to various fitness and wellness programs, and employee-paid supplemental life insurance and long-term disability options. We help our employees plan for the future through a discretionary employer pension contribution, which has recently been (10%) of gross compensation following a designated service period. The Employee Assistance Program provides virtual access to a network of free services including counseling sessions, legal counsel, financial advisors, and childcare/eldercare referrals.
Discovering Your Chautauqua Experience
There are countless ways that our talent will engage with our mission, vision, and diverse communities, and you are invited to immerse yourself in our programming as a gateway to this experience.
Employees will receive the Traditional Chautauqua Gate Pass, which provides access to all Amphitheater programs except popular entertainment (up to two nights per week). Designated popular entertainment events in the Amphitheater will require a separate ticket purchase if tickets are available.
In addition to a Traditional Gate Pass, employees, and their families, will receive full access to our current and historical programs online at CHQ Assembly.
Joining Our Talent Community
Qualified candidates should apply online at CHQ.org/employment. Interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume, with optional portfolio documents, for consideration. You are encouraged to learn more about Chautauqua Institution at CHQ.org and the 150 Forward Strategic Plan at 150fwd.CHQ.org.