CivicPlus is a high-growth technology company committed to creating more positive civic experiences. Inc. Magazine has selected CivicPlus as “One of the Fastest-Growing Privately Held Companies in the U.S.” since 2011.
Headquartered in Manhattan, Kansas, CivicPlus maintains satellite offices in Marlborough, Massachusetts, Tallahassee, Florida, Portland, Oregon, and New Haven, Connecticut, and has remote staff nationwide. Across all our in-office and remote locations, we foster fun, fast-paced, collaborative, and innovative environments.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
We believe that diversity drives innovation. The best companies, like the best communities, foster environments in which everyone feels safe to be themselves. We believe our workforce should reflect the communities we serve. We are committed to attracting and retaining those who share our mission of helping government work better through an employee development strategy built on equity and equal opportunity. We promise to foster a culture of inclusion where everyone feels respected, appreciated, and welcome so that together, we create technology to build a better community.
We are looking for an experienced professional with a background In tax compliance Accounting.
We Offer You
- An opportunity to help build technology solutions used by over 7,000 local governments and their citizens
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Our core values: purpose-driven, ambitious, trustworthy, team-player, and innovative
- The ability to work with and be inspired by colleagues who share your passion for using technology to improve citizen experiences
The Accountant II will report to the Accounting Manager and work with the Controller. The Accountant II will be responsible for tax compliance and account reconciliations.
We’ll expect you to
- Review, track and respond to notices concerning the CivicPlus legal entity family tax returns (federal, state, local income taxes, federal, state and local payroll taxes, state and local sales and franchise taxes)
- Manage tax credit reporting (HPIP, PEAK, CT Media Tax Credit, R&D) and compliance with federal, local, and state laws and deadlines
- Avalara administrator for CivicPlus and SeeClickFix, completing certificate capture campaigns for our clients and reviewing monthly reporting
- Engage with external accounting firm and payroll processor to finalize return filings.
- Research changes in tax laws and policies for multi-state jurisdictions
- Assist management with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures.
- Perform monthly, quarterly and annual accounting activities as needed including
- Reconciliations, month-end close process
- Complete journal entries
- Support financial statement audit
- Evaluate and improve processes and controls to optimize compliance efficiency
- Assist in key system integrations and acquisitions
- Ensure all record keeping and accounting practices meet acceptable industry practices and standards as well as any applicable government regulations
What you’ll need to succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting/finance or related field
- 3-5 years of experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Experience with Oracle NetSuite, Avalara, UKG
- Previous tax experience with multi-jurisdiction sales and use tax, income tax and payroll tax
- SaaS industry experience
- CPA certification
- CivicPlus is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. At CivicPlus, we celebrate and support diversity for the benefit of our employees, products, clients and communities we serve.
- Upon receiving an offer of employment, candidates must complete required pre-employment screenings, which include a drug test and background screen. Offer of employment is contingent upon this post offer screening process. All testing will be conducted by a licensed independent administrator, which will follow testing standards and background screens in accordance with state law.