This is a paid internship; however, intern must provide own housing and transportation. Business related transportation and expenses will be paid by the organization. This internship is for full time hours during the summer of 2022.
Compeer Financial is seeking collaborative, innovative and dynamic professionals to be a part of our Top Workplace culture!
Tell me more about this opportunity.
Position Overview: This internship will provide hands on experience in the consumer and home loan operations (Document Specialist, Servicing and Quality Review) field. Ideal for juniors or non-graduating seniors in college. The intern will learn how to process loan requests, assess various loan servicing requests and review loans for compliance to consumer regulations.
- Challenged to learn a significant amount of information during the course of the internship and take initiative to apply this information.
- Work independently with general supervision of day to day operations. Take initiative and complete responsibilities as assigned.
- Work closely with the Director Consumer Credit, Sr. Consumer Credit Consultant and other team members, as well as have contact with other functions throughout the department such as sales, operations and closing.
- Contact with clients in providing an additional level of client service as needed.
- Present a professional image of Compeer Financial.
Minimum Qualifications & Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be working towards completing a bachelor’s degree in finance or business administration, with at least two years completed preferred.
- Interest in and knowledge of real estate financing.
- Coursework in real estate or mortgage financing preferred.
- Knowledge of consumer lending, regulatory compliance and a general understanding of finance preferred.
- Solid organizational, interpersonal, communication, problem solving, analytical, verbal and written communication and influencing skills are required.
- Proven client service skills and effective team skills are essential.
- The understanding of and ability to use various business and financial computer applications is required.
Who is Compeer Financial?
Compeer Financial exists to champion the hopes and dreams of rural America. By joining our team, you will help empower those in agriculture and rural communities to achieve their goals and expand their possibilities. We embrace business agility and innovative approaches to serving our clients and communities.
Why join our team?
- Amazing team members who are passionate about serving agriculture and rural America.
- Investment in our team members’ education, growth and development.
- Engagement in our communities through giving back and volunteerism.
- Flexible, collaborative and dynamic work environment.
- Great benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401K (3% Compeer contribution & up to an additional 6% match)
- Paid time off (vacation, sick leave, holidays, volunteer time)
Find out why our team members choose Compeer Financial by watching this video.
How do I apply?
Qualified candidates, please apply online at https://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_CompeerFinancial/external/jobDetails/jobDetail.html?jobPostId=1997&localeCode=en-us
Compeer Financial is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.