Dimensional’s Investment Solutions Group (ISG) acts as a source of specialized investment knowledge that delivers thought leadership, education and analysis to our clients through face-to-face interactions and compelling, informative content.
This ten-week program will expose interns to the day-to-day activities of the Investment Solutions Group. Interns will gain an understanding of what it’s like to be an Investment Solutions Analyst at Dimensional and work on projects that meet our firm’s current business needs. The Intern will support the Investment Solutions Analytics team, a group within Investment Solutions Group, with a particular focus on conducting empirical analysis on a variety of investment topics and the data that each topic or product requires. Interns will also gain insight into the group’s key role as a resource for client communications through assisting with reports and process facilitation necessary for client interactions.
The Investment Solutions Group works closely with Research, Portfolio Management, Trading, the Global Client Group, and Marketing, providing Interns with the opportunity to gain insight into how the Investment Solutions Group helps empower teams across the organization. The Intern will have the opportunity to develop foundational investment knowledge and advance their technical and professional skills.
We are seeking a variety of experiences, backgrounds, and technical proficiencies for this role. The Intern will work with data and organize it to display properly on various pieces of content with proper messaging around the topic or product.
- Collect, organize and analyze data from various internal and external databases and programs, including returns programs, characteristics and attributions databases, and various marketing and client databases.
- Identify areas for improvement in key processes and execute those enhancements to improve efficiency.
- Identify ways to programmatically seek data to place on content and automate materials production with data elements.
- Identify relevant investment trends and aid in the design and maintenance of competitive analysis for prospect, client, consultant, and other meetings/presentations.
- Progress toward a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance, Economics, Computer Science, or another quantitative field.
- Demonstrated history of academic achievement.
- Knowledge of R, Python, or other relevant language is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly with regards to conveying technical investment approaches in a clear and compelling manner.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, to prioritize and exercise time management.
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills and comfort with large data sets.
- Interest in financial markets and an understanding of Dimensional’s investment philosophy.
Dimensional offers a variety of programs to help take care of you, your family, and your career, including comprehensive benefits, educational initiatives, and special celebrations of our history, culture, and growth.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our employees during COVID-19, the majority of Dimensional’s employees are currently working remotely. Firm leadership evaluates the situation on an ongoing basis as to when employees could return to our corporate offices.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training, job assignment, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, discipline, termination, and social and recreational programs.