In this role, you will work in one of the following functional areas: Supply Chain, Marketing, Finance, Technology or Operations and will be assigned to projects supporting strategic initiatives. You will have opportunities for exposure to senior management, structured classroom training and the ability to work on critical projects. This program is designed to immerse you into Direct Supply’s culture, to develop your understanding of the organization, technology and business strategy as well as standard methods and processes. It will also provide insight on how to successfully communicate and network across an organization to build relationships and drive results, while also developing professional skills. This position may lead to full-time employment upon graduation, including the potential to join our two-year, Rotational Development Program. As part of the internship experience, Direct Supply provides housing near downtown Milwaukee with easy access to summer festivities and a variety of other activities.
What You’ll Do:
- Learn about our company, including our Lines of Business and the Shared Services Groups, our culture and Principles.
- Own and execute on assigned project(s).This will include research, planning, information gathering, problem solving and project implementation.
- Prepare and deliver professional presentation(s) to the project team, including impacted senior leadership.
- Network across your assigned team, department, and within Direct Supply to understand how different teams work together while also working to build relationships.
- Collaborate and assist in the day-to-day departmental activities to support team members.
- Complete assigned training throughout your internship.
What You’ll Need:
- Enrolled in a 4-year undergraduate program with a focus in Business, Technology or Math
- Expected graduation in Fall 2023 or Spring 2024
- GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Experience successfully executing and implementing projects in a team environment
- Proven ability to effectively network and build relationships
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Ability to work full-time (40 hours/week) for 10 weeks
Other Items of Interest:
- Previous intern or business-related experience
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint