The Finance Intern will provide support to the Financial Planning and Analysis department as assigned by senior finance and treasury staff while adhering to the policies and procedures set by Dominium and maintain professional relationships with all Dominium staff and external Dominium business associates.
Tasks include: Ad hoc excel modeling, reading and understanding partnership agreements, loan documents, and other relevant legal documents, completing various financial reports, and completing other projects as assigned by supervisors.
- Preparing financials for monthly and quarterly financial review meetings, property surplus cash distributions, limited partner buyouts, refinances, and other value events
- Attending and preparing for weekly investment committee meetings
- Creation and maintenance of complex financial models
- Updating unit and property workbooks
- Updating and distributing various reports to senior leadership
- Pulling and formatting developer cash flow summaries
- Other duties as assigned
- Education and/or experience
- Must be in the process of earning a bachelor’s degree in Finance or a business-related field; or earned a bachelor’s degree in Finance or a business-related field within the previous 12 months
- Language & Communication Skills
- Strong verbal, written, and video communication skills
- Computer Skills
- Intermediate or greater knowledge of Microsoft Office, most notably Excel
- Reasoning Skills
- Ability to accept delegated assignments, work with moderate independence
- Must have time management skills to handle multiple projects on short deadlines
- Other Skills
- Ability to work with personnel at all levels of the FP&A Department in a team environment to achieve optimal solutions to departmental challenges
This is a full-time, onsite internship starting January 3, 2022 and ending May 27, 2022.
About Us: Dominium is one of the leading affordable housing development and property management companies nationwide. We have operations in more than 21 states and over 1,000 employees. For over 45 years, we have offered excellence to the development and management of affordable housing communities across the United States. Dominium’s values are built upon the company’s mission and vision and include creating long-term value, integrity, developing people, and growth.
If you would like to be a part of a rapidly growing company and have an interest in the property management and development industry, Dominium is the place for you!