Location: Mt. Sterling, IL Department: Human Resources – Benefits & Payroll Reports To: Human Resources Manager
Your Role: Train, learn, and work with Human Resources and related departments to gain understanding of workflows, processes, and how this department interacts with other parts of the business. Complete a minimum of one assigned project for review and possible implementation in addition to gaining valuable professional work experience, knowledge, and skills.
- Training and job-shadowing within the Human Resources department to understand workflows and business needs across the company
- Leadership/ownership of assigned project(s)
- Participation in a team project with other interns
- Problem definition, research, data collection, analysis to determine best processes and methods for problem-solving
- Review, update, and track a variety of reports
- Present project information at the culmination of the internship to communicate research, findings, analysis and any recommendations
- Applies lean thinking and tools to identify and eliminate waste in all areas of the position.
- Ability to work a minimum of 350 hours during internship tenure (Summer 2022)
- Occasional cross-departmental training and project work with other interns
- Potential for minimal overnight travel; ability to travel without restriction by all modes of transportation, including car, plane, or train
Work Statement: Dot Foods is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status.
We Need You To Have:
- Full-time student in good standing actively pursuing a degree at an accredited college/university
- Minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
We’d Like You To Have:
- Degree work towards a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Accounting, Finance, or Information Systems.
- Effective, professional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience dealing with people in all types of settings
What Can Dot Offer You?
As a family-owned and -operated company since 1960, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
- Competitive wages and bonus potential
- Impactful experiential learning
- Great working relationships
- Future career opportunities
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.