We make what matters work.
You want to make an impact in the world. At Eaton, we’re solving some of the toughest challenges on the planet. Our Early Talent Programs ensure that you have a multitude of opportunities to make an impact across a global organization. Participants in our Early Talent Programs work to solve real-world challenges while developing the skills required to lead at the next level. Early Talent assignments hold true significance to our businesses. In turn, participants gain enriching and diverse experiences and work side by side with experienced leaders to power their careers.
What sets our Early Talent Programs apart:
- Each individual’s development experience is customized to help participants reach their potential; no two participants will have the same experience or set of responsibilities.
- Participants receive cross-functional exposure. They have opportunities to build their skills and try on different roles early in their career, ultimately maximizing their potential for consideration for a variety of future roles.
- By keeping our programs small and selective, we are able to make hiring decisions based on each candidate’s unique skill set and high potential.
- The opportunity to learn from senior leaders is a part of the fabric of every experience.
Your career matters – and we’re here to make it work. Are you ready?
Power. We know all about it. As one of our engineers, you’ll help to provide solutions to our customer’s power problems. The Power Systems Controls group is a full-service systems integrator with the capability to integrate the necessary equipment and technologies to provide a complete power automation solution. Our team brings extensive skills and experience with a variety of leading HMI software packages enabling us to design graphically rich, easy-to-use operator interfaces that take advantage of the latest standalone or web-based technologies. Our experience transcends a multitude of equipment manufacturers, software packages, and network architectures, including all major OEMs HMI, PLCs, and components. We offer single point responsibility, a high level of engineering and systems integration expertise, and a unified focus on cost effective solutions, seamless integration, HMI development, energy management tools, and professional turnkey system design and implementation.
As a Power Systems Controls Engineer, you will provide field service systems integration engineering and technical consultation for customers in the areas of system design, programming, installation, start up, maintenance, repair, training and modification of automated control systems and power management systems.
This role is designed to prepare you for both technical and future leadership roles at Eaton. As a new engineer, you will be provided with a structured training and development curriculum; a blend of instructor-led, virtual classrooms, eLearning courses, and on-the-job training provided by expert mentors and team members to assist you in developing your career.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements):
- Currently possesses or will have obtained a bachelor’s degree in engineering with a major in Electrical, Electrical and Computer, Electrical Engineering Technology, or Mechatronics from an accredited institution, with a graduation date no later than August 2022.
- Minimum overall cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher (please do not round).
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- Geographical flexibility to relocate within the United States.
- Overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Prior relevant internship or co-op experience within electrical/power industry.
- Experience with engineering software (AutoCAD, MATLAB).
- Experience with programming PLC and HMI.
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership experience within campus and/or the community.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, squat, reach to or below shoulder level, lift, carry, push, pull, and use hands to handle and feel. The employee is frequently required to climb and reach above shoulder level. The employee is regularly required to lift/carry up to 50 pounds. The employee is frequently required to push/pull up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to push/pull greater than 50 pounds with assistance.
- This role may include travel (up to 25%) within a local region as determined by the Intern Assignment Manager.
- Submit to periodic customer required background and drug screenings.
- Successfully complete and maintain compliance with the company’s safety program
- Assignment location will be in one of five major regions within the United States (i.e., Central, Northeast, Southeast, Gulf and West regions); typically in or near a major U.S. city.
Eaton provides a competitive total rewards package commensurate with applicable skills, knowledge, and experience and consistent with internal and external market practices. The base salary for this role is $70,000/year. This rate may be subject to adjustment based on location and cost of living adjustment.
To Apply: In addition to applying through the campus system, interested candidates must apply to www.eaton.com/careers in order to be considered for this opportunity.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time