We make what matters work.
You want to make an impact in the world. At Eaton, we’re solving some of the toughest challenges on the planet. Our Early Talent Programs ensure that you have a multitude of opportunities to make an impact across a global organization. Participants in our Early Talent Programs work to solve real-world challenges while developing the skills required to lead at the next level. Early Talent assignments hold true significance to our businesses. In turn, participants gain enriching and diverse experiences and work side by side with experienced leaders to power their careers.
What sets our Early Talent Programs apart:
- Each individual’s development experience is customized to help participants reach their potential; no two participants will have the same experience or set of responsibilities.
- Participants receive cross-functional exposure. They have opportunities to build their skills and try on different roles early in their career, ultimately maximizing their potential for consideration for a variety of future roles.
- By keeping our programs small and selective, we are able to make hiring decisions based on each candidate’s unique skill set and high potential.
- The opportunity to learn from senior leaders is a part of the fabric of every experience.
Your career matters – and we’re here to make it work. Are you ready?
The Eaton global service team is one of the largest and most experienced teams of power professionals in the industry. As a Strategic Programs Engineer, your engineering assignments will provide you with the opportunity to act as a resource for project managers, sales, contracts, finance, and our customers.
The strategic programs engineer will provide the Mission Critical team with consistent and intimate support in managing their projects. This position is responsible for project cost tracking, ongoing cost estimate validation, project schedule development/maintenance, creation of purchase requisitions, material and equipment tracking, subcontractor/vendor requests for pricing, submittal generation/oversight, document control, and warranty support.
This role is designed to prepare you for both technical and future leadership roles at Eaton. As a strategic programs engineer, you will be provided with a structured training and development curriculum; a blend of instructor-led, virtual classrooms, eLearning courses, and on-the-job training provided by expert mentors and team members to assist you in developing your career.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements):
- Currently possesses or will have obtained a bachelor’s degree in engineering with a major in Electrical, Electrical and Computer, Electrical Engineering Technology, Mechanical, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Mechatronics, Industrial or Systems from an accredited institution required with a graduation date no later than August 2022.
- Minimum overall cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher (please do not round).
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Geographical flexibility to relocate within the United States.
- Relevant internship or co-op experience.
- Community and campus activity with leadership roles.
- Strong analytical, computer, writing and presentation skills.
- Relevant industry experience.
- Experience in project management, engineering, sales, or support experience in electrical assemblies, electrical distribution and power protection technology.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Up to 10% travel required.
- Submit to periodic customer required background and drug screenings.
- Successfully complete and maintain compliance with the company’s safety program.
- Participant must be willing to relocate to Raleigh, North Carolina.
To Apply: In addition to applying through the campus system, interested candidates must apply to www.eaton.com/careers in order to be considered for this opportunity
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time