We make what matters work.
You want to make an impact in the world. At Eaton, we’re solving some of the toughest challenges on the planet. Our Early Talent Programs ensure that you have a multitude of opportunities to make an impact across a global organization. Participants in our Early Talent Programs work to solve real-world challenges while developing the skills required to lead at the next level. Early Talent assignments hold true significance to our businesses. In turn, participants gain enriching and diverse experiences and work side by side with experienced leaders to power their careers.
What sets our Early Talent Programs apart:
- Each individual’s development experience is customized to help participants reach their potential; no two participants will have the same experience or set of responsibilities.
- Participants receive cross-functional exposure. They have opportunities to build their skills and try on different roles early in their career, ultimately maximizing their potential for consideration for a variety of future roles.
- By keeping our programs small and selective, we are able to make hiring decisions based on each candidate’s unique skill set and high potential.
- The opportunity to learn from senior leaders is a part of the fabric of every experience.
Your career matters – and we’re here to make it work. Are you ready?
The Technical Sales Internship Program develops students in the sales function within the electrical and manufacturing industries through practical experiences. The program provides personal development and the opportunity to grow leadership attributes through training, networking and coaching. The assignment will help the participant develop a wide range of leadership and functional competencies within the field of Technical Sales.
This Internship is designed to provide opportunities to a diverse mix of students who demonstrate the same high level of ethics, values, creativity and performance we expect from our employees. During the 12 to 14 week paid Internship, students will work on projects that have a measurable impact on our business and be coached and mentored by Eaton leaders.
This program provides candidates with great exposure to Eaton and prepares them to be considered for the Eaton Technical Sales Leadership Development Programs upon graduation.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements):
- Actively enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program in Engineering, Business, Sciences, Mathematics, Physics or Marketing from an accredited institution.
- Minimum overall cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher (please do not round).
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship.
- Geographical flexibility to relocate within the United States for the duration of the Internship Program.
- Enrolled in engineering, business administration, or marketing degree.
- Completion of sophomore year by the start of internship.
- Demonstrated leadership experience within campus and/or community.
- Overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Prior internship or co-op experience.
- Ability to speak a second language.
- Transportation to and from the worksite and for incidental business travel is the responsibility of the intern; however, expenses for required and approved business travel (not including the worksite) will be reimbursed.
- This role may include travel (up to 25%) within a local region as determined by the Technical Sales Assignment Manager.
- This role may require the employee to maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license.
- The summer internship culminates with a formal presentation where students showcase their success stories to leaders of the organization and receive feedback on their performance.
Eaton provides a competitive total rewards package commensurate with applicable skills, knowledge, and experience and consistent with internal and external market practices. The salary range for this role is $3,360 – $4,200/month. This rate may be subject to adjustment based on location and cost of living adjustment.
To Apply: In addition to applying through the campus system, interested candidates must apply to www.eaton.com/careers in order to be considered for this opportunity
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time