Co-op – Human Resources – Multiple Positions Available (Spring 2022 – Semester)
Requisition ID: (21009034)
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Sidney
Job Function: University Programs
Job Posting Date: Sep 2, 2021, 1:57:37 PM
What to Expect in our Co-op Program:
Expand your technical and professional skills in a real-world setting. Emerson co-ops are given meaningful work, support, and mentorship from experienced managers and key business leaders. There is the potential to gain knowledge and experience in a variety of ways by exploring opportunities associated with your major and rotating through multiple departments.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation, flexible dress code policy, and paid holidays
- Housing stipends for eligible students and a list of nearby housing options for relocation
- Access to our newly renovated fitness center, workout classes, and wellness program
- Event opportunities through our social and professional development co-op committees
Our co-ops are a key talent pipeline for full-time employment opportunities after graduation at our many locations.
If you are a student who is interested in Human Resources and is looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Sidney, Ohio location, you will support current initiatives and improvement projects for Emerson Climate Group and Sidney Operations Human Resources departments. You will be assigned a variety of tasks, primarily supporting Employment, Benefits, and Employee Relations functions. The opportunity to support projects pertaining to Compensation, Training and Development, and Safety may also arise.
AS A HUMAN RESOURCES CO-OP, YOU WILL:
- Assist with Co-op, Salaried, and/or Hourly Recruiting; opportunity to attend Career Fairs
- Review resumes and assist managers with the recruitment process
- Sit in on Co-op and Full-time interviews with the opportunity to conduct interviews as needed
- Assist with new hire orientation and paperwork
- Support communication plans
- Support Benefits Department in audits, pensions, and retirement documentation processes
- Assist with employee and labor relations, morale events, and recognition programs
- Conduct Co-op exit interviews
WHO YOU ARE:
You try different solutions for problems and learn from the results. You stay aligned with your goals and stay productive. You focus on creating an effective collaborative style. You prepare content for communication that is impactful.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Undergraduate student pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Management, Business Administration or related degree
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills, organization skills, analytical skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Software, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
- Legal authorization to work in the United States – Sponsorship for this role will not be provided
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Undergraduate student pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Management, or a specialization in either
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 GPA or higher
- Sophomore or higher class status
- A 2nd or 3rd year student with the availability of multiple term rotations
- Previous related co-op/intern experience in HR (corporate or manufacturing environment) or customer service.