Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We employ experts from top programs at over 500 universities, as well as technical specialists from a variety of industries. At Exponent, we look to hire intelligent and driven people who want to make an impact and grow their careers within a dynamic consulting firm. You will work together with our consultants to provide outstanding service to our clients and to achieve our vision as a pre-eminent engineering and scientific consulting firm. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking a Recruiter to join our Human Resources team. This position will be located in our Oakland, CA; Menlo Park, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Natick, MA; Bellevue, WA; or Phoenix, AZ office. In this role, you will work as part of a team to identify, engage, and evaluate Ph.D. students and Postdocs in engineering and science, as well as engineers and scientists who are in the early stages of their industrial careers for full-time consulting positions with Exponent. This is a great opportunity to join an established professional services firm that is committed to increasing its hiring numbers each year. You will have opportunities for career growth and will be exposed to projects in onboarding, people development, and other aspects of human resources. We have an exceptional recruiting culture – come be a part of our team!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Partnering with hiring managers to achieve hiring goals across multiple offices and technical areas
- Executing all aspects of the recruiting process including identification, screening, and interviewing candidates
- Following and promoting competency-based interviewing best practices
- Driving candidates from all sources through our recruiting process
- Managing virtual and On-Campus (once schools approve) recruiting events, including information sessions, tech talks, receptions, career fairs, and more
- Building new and maintaining established relationships with universities, graduate students, professional societies, and industry professionals
- Collaborating with hiring managers to source and screen candidates through LinkedIn, Handshake, and other sources
- Maintaining accurate records by updating candidate information in our applicant tracking database (Taleo)
- Coordinating with hiring managers to determine position requirements
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-5 years of experience in recruiting, human resources, or higher education
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detail and process oriented
- Project management or event management experience, with ability to take ownership of projects and multi-task
- Demonstrated success in marketing positions and engaging candidates on LinkedIn or Handshake
- Must be able to work under critical time deadlines and to re-evaluate priorities while exercising good judgment
Please visit the following link to learn how Exponent and our staff are making an impact: https://info.exponent.com/our-impact
We value and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 (650) 688-6968 or email email@example.com.