We’re looking for innovative, passionate, and hard-working candidates to join our paid internship program for Summer 2022!
We are Farmers!
Farmers Insurance Group is one of the premier Property and Casualty insurers in the United States, with operations nationwide and corporate headquarters located in the greater Los Angeles, CA (Woodland Hills) area. Farmers has been independently certified as a Great Place to Work and Best Company for Diversity based on its high-trust, high-performance diverse, and inclusive workplace culture. Extensive development opportunities are available through the award-winning University of Farmers, named by Training Magazine as a top 10 corporate training organization in the world.
What you’ll get to do as an intern
- This is an opportunity to work alongside accomplished professionals and gain valuable skills for your future
- You will develop crucial and highly valuable skills as well as soft skills through the course of your internship
- You will learn how we use innovation and technology to drive our business forward
- Through project work, job shadowing, hands-on work experience, and exposure to Farmers leadership teams you will expand your knowledge and experience
As an intern, you will be exposed to real world data (messy!) and learn how models can be used to help improve efficiency in the Claims organization. The summer will start with an introduction to your summer modeling project, and then you’ll spend a few weeks diving into the database learning the data and performing exploratory data analysis. After you complete your data munging, you will finalize your data transformations and design a model fitting the business use case. Once your model is trained, you will craft a PowerPoint summarizing the project background, model design, and explain the model performance. Your internship will culminate in your final presentation to a curious and supportive audience.
What you Bring
- Pursuing a BA Degree (Rising Senior) or Master’s Degree program with an accredited college
- A passion for learning and development
- Self-motivated, an excellent problem solver, and a quick learner
- Good verbal and written communication skill
At Farmers, we celebrate differences of thought, experience, and identity that make us unique. Join a diverse team of employees with a passion for giving back to the community and helping customers in need.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Location(s): US – CA – WdlndHills-6301, US – RW – Remote Work – Farmers