Our Safety & Soundness unit is looking for individuals to join our team of Bank Examiners in our Little Rock, Arkansas branch. An examiner commission is a relevant factor in consideration for these positions. However, if you lack an examiner commission, regulatory, banking, lending, capital markets, Bank Secrecy Act, fiduciary activities, information technology or related experience in the financial services industry will be considered.
We value clear communications, financial and risk management analysis experience and individuals who enjoy working as a member of a team. Our people are diverse in background and ideas, which allows for ongoing creativity and innovation. Ultimately, they are the ones who push our high-performance, exchange-driven culture forward. Safety and Soundness examiners conduct community and regional bank examinations, and bank holding company inspections. To support your professional advancement, we provide a well-defined career progression and an Examiner Commissioning Program to assist you in achieving your professional goals. Click here for more information.
This position requires overnight travel, or if in range, commutable travel. You will travel approximately 50 nights per year, averaging 20-30% of workdays within the Eighth Federal Reserve District. It includes overnight stays (up to five consecutive days), travel mostly by vehicle, but some air travel may be involved as well. The St Louis Fed diligently works to provide a positive Work / Life Balance through flexible on-site work arrangements, a compressed work schedule, and periodic work from home opportunities.
- Evaluate the soundness of an organization’s financial condition, including capital, asset quality, earnings, liquidity and exposure to interest rate risk.
- Assess the effectiveness of risk management, including board and management oversight, policies & procedures, internal controls and management information systems.
- Ensure compliance with banking laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or business-related field or commensurate experience.
- Five years relevant banking experience (e.g., lending, capital markets, Bank Secrecy Act, fiduciary activities, information technology or related experience)
- Candidates with less experience may be considered at a lower job grade or salary.
- Ability to lead or participate in bank examinations or bank holding company inspections, or key areas within those activities.
- Sound ability to create professional supervisory reports.
- Knowledge in areas of finance, accounting, lending, banking operations or related fields.
- Interest in coaching, mentoring, and developing peers.
- Work in a team setting, serving as an enthusiastic team member or team leader.
- US Citizenship or lawful permanent resident intending to become a citizen who meets certain other requirements.
Bring your passion and expertise, and we’ll provide the opportunities that will challenge you and propel your career growth—along with a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health, wealth, and life.
Salary: $68,500– 150,000
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package all brought together in a flexible work environment where you can truly find balance:
- Generous paid time off
- Flexible on-site work arrangements
- Tuition & Training assistance/reimbursement
- 401(k) match & Annuity/Pension fund
- Top-notch health care benefits
- Child and family care leave
- Professional development opportunities
- And more…
Ranked as the #2 Top Workplace in the St. Louis Region in 2020, the Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is committed to building an inclusive workplace, where employees’ diversity—in age, gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, and cultural traditions, religion, life experiences, education and socioeconomic backgrounds—are recognized as a strength. Learn more about the Bank and its culture; check out our Careers Site.
The Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.