Ferguson is looking for Corporate Supply Chain Interns to join our internship program beginning June 1, 2022. This is an excellent opportunity to gain hands on experience in the field of Supply Chain with our successful multi-billion dollar organization!
You may be an ideal candidate if you:
• Want to understand the whole business. We take pride in investing in our associates. As a Corporate Supply Chain Intern, you will work from the ground-up to ensure you have a solid foundation of knowledge to excel in a supply chain environment.
• Want to build long-lasting relationships with vendors and our associates.
• Value teamwork, drive, and passion. These characteristics are fundamental to the success and bottom line of our organization.
• Want to be a part of something big. Ferguson proudly supports our communities, families, military and educational initiatives. It’s how we make a positive impact to strengthen the communities where we live and work.
What you can expect:
Ferguson’s Supply Chain interns will be assigned to either Distribution Operations, Purchasing & Planning, or Transportation, and will perform duties in these areas while also being exposed to all aspects of our Supply Chain through a rotating curriculum.
Ferguson approaches training from a “hands on” point of view – we believe in growing our associates from the ground up! We will provide you with real, hands-on business experience that will supplement your classroom education.
• Perform supply chain duties within the assigned functional area and participate in and complete the internship curriculum for exposure to all aspects of Ferguson’s Supply Chain
• Complete weekly writing assignments summarizing experience and insights gained
• Complete a “capstone” presentation at the end of the internship highlighting the lessons learns, insights gained, and opportunities identified
• Conduct self in a professional and productive manner, representing the Ferguson internship program at all times
• Rising seniors, seniors, and/or MBA students from an accredited institution
• GPA: 3.8 or higher
• Supply Chain, Business, Business Analytics majors or similar field of study preferred
• Experience with Microsoft O365 programs
• Well-rounded candidate that has excelled both in and out of the classroom. Great team player, self-motivated, confident, strong interpersonal skills
Please note that this internship will take place in Newport News, VA, unless it is determined that a remote option is needed for additional safety precautions. Housing assistance in Newport News, VA for an in-person internship may be provided.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.