Position: Financial Technology Partners is seeking two Recruiting Coordinators to work out of our NY and SF offices respectively. One position will support the Campus Recruiting Team and the other will support our Experienced Hiring Team.
Company Description: Financial Technology Partners (aka “FT Partners”) is the only Investment Banking Firm focused exclusively on the financial technology sector. We broadly define the sector as the dynamic convergence of technology-based solutions and financial services. FT Partners was recently recognized as “Dealmaker of the Year” and “Investment Banking Firm of the Year” by the M&A Advisor.
The firm was founded by Steve McLaughlin, Managing Partner, formerly a senior Investment Banker in Goldman Sachs & Co.’s Financial Technology Group and Financial Institutions Group in New York and San Francisco. The firm’s Founder and senior bankers are all highly experienced Investment Bankers formerly with the financial technology, M&A and Investment Banking groups of Goldman Sachs & Co in New York, San Francisco, London, and Los Angeles.
Role Description: Reporting into the Head of Talent Acquisition or the Head of Campus Recruiting Programs, the Recruitment Coordinator(s) will be responsible for the candidate experience – ensuring efficiency through the recruiting process, screening applications, scheduling interviews, collecting interviewer feedback, coordinating internal debrief sessions, and managing candidate travel and expense reimbursements. The ideal candidate will be highly detail oriented in order to effectively update and maintain recruiting calendars, files, templates, materials, and metrics on an ongoing basis. Additionally, he or she must have excellent judgement to properly prioritize multiple, and potentially competing, demands in a fast-paced and rapidly growing environment.
- Previous coordination experience, previous recruiting experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; prior experience working with an ATS (Greenhouse) is a plus
- Exceptional organizational skills and detail-orientated
- Works independently, proactively identifies next steps or areas of improvement
- Sense of urgency and responsiveness
- Communicates professionally with candidates and internal stakeholders
- Flexible, adaptable, and calm under pressure
- Start-up experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong hunger to learn and matriculate within the Talent Acquisition industry
- U.S. work authorization required. FT Partners will not sponsor applicants for work visas at application or in the future.
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills, able to prepare high impact materials
- Participates effectively in both internal and external meetings
- Maturity and poise to work directly with client executives
- Team player who can contribute to building a positive team spirit, keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others, works with integrity and ethically, and upholds firm values
- Ability to perform under pressure, amid tight deadlines; can effectively prioritize and plan
- Collaborative across teams and levels, both internally and externally
- Understands coaching for long term development of self and others
Why FT Partners?
- Managing Partner and Managing Directors formerly of Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan
- Award-winning execution; Investment Bank of the Year / Boutique of the Year Awards (among many others)
- Executing both billion dollar and early stage / high-growth VC transactions
- Excellent career path, strong and competitive compensation
- Unparalleled deal flow with premier client base
- Access to world-class executives at high-growth companies
- Dominant footprint in the one of largest sectors: financial technology
- Top-notch financial sponsor relationships
- Close-knit, rapidly growing team
Selected transactions include advising:
- Heartland Payments in its $4.5 billion sale to Global Payments (NYSE: GPN)
- Assurance IQ in its $3.5 billion sale to Prudential (NYSE: PRU)
- Mercury Payment in its $2.0 billion sale to Vantiv (NYSE:VNTV)
- SquareTrade in its $1.4 billion sale to Allstate (NYSE:ALL)
- Finicity in its $985 million sale to Mastercard (NYSE: MA)
- Interswitch in its $200 million minority investment led by Visa
- Checkout.com in its $230 million minority investment from Insight, DST, GIC, and others
- CardConnect in its $750 million sale to First Data (NYSE:FDC)
- GreenSky in its $300 million minority investment led by DST, TPG, Wellington Management, and Iconiq
- Instamed in its $500+ million sale to JP Morgan (NYSE: JPM)
- BlueVine in its $102 million minority investment led by ION
- Stone in its $1.4 bn IPO
- FleetOne in its $369mm sale to WEX (NYSE:WEX)
- AvidXchange in its $300 million financing from MasterCard (NYSE:MA), CDPQ, Temasek and Peter Thiel
- Automated Trading Desk in its $680 million sale to Citigroup (NYSE:C)
- Custom House Ltd. in its $370 million sale to Western Union (NYSE:WU)
- Addepar in its $140 million financing from Valor Equity Partners, 8VC and Harald McPike
- Automatic in its $115 million sale to SiriusXM (NASDAQ: SIRI)
- GoCardless in its $75 million minority investment from Adams Street Partners and Google Ventures
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment: Financial Technology Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. If you require reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.