The Human Resource (HR) Analyst will collect, compile, and analyze HR data, metrics, and statistics, and apply this data to make recommendations related to recruitment, retention, and legal compliance.
- Receive, handle, coordinate, and collaborate in the completion and delivery of all external diversity and inclusion related surveys, awards, RFPs, and related responses both internally and externally.
- Collect, analyze, and report on statistical diversity data as needed. Display sophisticated quantitative information a simple, intuitive format and present findings in a clear and concise manner.
- Handle, mine, and analyze a broad array of quantitative and qualitative data assets. Develop data standards, provide tangible insights, and make recommendations for process improvement based on standard methodologies.
- Work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal direction; take proactive steps when answers to a problem are not readily apparent.
- Lead Federal and State Law Compliance Reporting
- Manage Unemployment Process
- Build Companywide Holiday Schedule
- Run verification of Employment in conjunction with 3rd Party vendor.
Education and/or Experience Required:
- Bachelors degree required
- PHR or SHRM-CP, or data analytics certification preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Power BI and especially Excel (workbook design, cell formulas and function creation, worksheet management, chart design, data set and table manipulation, and pivot table design); interest in learning new software and an ability to adapt to new software quickly.
- 3+ years of experience in collecting, reviewing and organizing data.
- Spreadsheet modeling and presentation-making skills to effectively present data in a compelling way, both verbal and written, and influence decisions.
- Proven superior ability to communicate optimally, both orally and written, while flexing to the communication style of the requestor.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
Consistent with our policy, the COVID-19 vaccine is now required for new hires.
GATX embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.