Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do…
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you’ve come to the right place!
Granite Construction’s paid Finance Summer 2022 Internship is a selective 8-10 week rotational program at the company’s corporate headquarters in Watsonville, CA, or corporate office in The Woodlands, TX.
The position provides top finance, accounting, business, and economics majors the opportunity to work alongside seasoned professionals on projects in Corporate Development (“M&A”), Treasury, Internal Audit, Finance, Tax, and Accounting. Interns will have opportunities to gain valuable experience across the entire CFO organization. Interns will present final deliverables to top finance leaders, including the company CFO at the end of the program.
Bring your energy and unique perspective to Granite and you’ll have the opportunity to grow with us professionally, personally, and financially.
Essential Job Accountabilities
Candidates who are selected will spend 8-10 weeks working on at least two different projects in Corporate Development, Treasury, Financial Reporting, FP&A, Accounting, Internal Audit, or Tax. Each candidate will be assigned an executive mentor. Depending on the scope, projects may run simultaneously or sequentially. At the end of each project, the candidate will prepare a presentation and deliver it to an audience of finance department members and executives.
- Currently enrolled in the third year of undergraduate studies majoring in business, accounting, finance or economics, or related fields, and be on track to graduate within the year following the internship
Field of Study
- Business, Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Previous work experience in finance-related roles will be looked upon favorably but is not a prerequisite.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities
- Minimum 3.3 GPA
- Strong analytical and communications skills
- Self-starter with a growth mindset, intellectual curiosity, ownership, and drive for excellence
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
About Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation’s largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please click here.