At IBM, we know that transformation drives change, and it is in our DNA to continuously transform. Our Consultants help drive large scale change that spans IBM business units and geographies. As a part of this team, you will have the unique opportunity to be a part of driving IBM’s ongoing transformation as a company that continuously innovates and leads the market.
Your Role and Responsibilities
**start dates available as early as October 2021**
You’re right at the intersection of technology, people, and process, helping your clients transform how they adapt to shifts in the market and more closely align their business strategy and vision. As a Consultant, you will be a key contributor in IBM’s Enterprise Strategy practice where you’ll guide clients to define their future state and help them get there.
IBM Enterprise Strategy is a management consulting group focused on business strategy in the digital age. We advise clients on business transformation through an analytical approach that combines human-centered design with an understanding of emerging technologies and platforms.
IBM Enterprise Strategy is the “tip of the spear” for IBM’s engagement with senior business leaders, bringing together IBM’s unique capabilities across strategy, innovation, design, data analytics, cognitive computing and technology platforms to develop and deliver high-impact transformation programs. Our team’s senior partners have decades of experience at top consulting firms and IBM Enterprise Strategy will provide you with the opportunity to work side by side with senior executives across industries.
Work you could do as an Associate Consultant in Enterprise Strategy:
- Project business value of a solution in client-relevant terms through financial modeling and drive adoption of key performance indicator (KPI) impact with key client stakeholders
- Support proposal development to drive a pipeline of opportunities to solve client’s biggest challenges
- Be part of the team that leads engaging client workshops, interviews and meetings to unearth pain points and deliver key insights
- Document requirements from the product owner/business lead
- Develop process maps and user journeys to understand As-Is and To-Be scenarios
- Translate client requirements into analytical specifications for the implementation of IBM solutions
- Define current and future operational scenarios (processes, models, use cases, plans and solutions) and work with client to ensure proper translation of business requirements to solution requirements
- Develop communications tailored to specific audiences
- Work in an Agile, collaborative environments
- Use IBM’s Design Thinking to help solve client’s challenges
- Analyze data to support conclusions and strategies, and design organization
- The IBM Client Innovation Center is an in-bound delivery model where we support our clients from our Buffalo center (aka: we work in a traditional IBM Agile office setting).
- Travel may be expected and all candidates must be willing and able to travel to meet our client needs across the US. Travel is typically related to knowledge transfer and training at the client site (Monday thru Friday).
- You must live in, or be willing to relocate to Buffalo, NY. Our office is located at 40 Fountain Plaza, Buffalo, NY 14202.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Track record of academic success
- Highly motivated, with clear evidence of drive and significant achievements
- Strong business, technical, and analytical abilities with a knack for driving impact and growth
- Can understand clients’ needs and challenges and apply creative and logical approaches to identify solutions
- Strong quantitative analysis skills and ability to derive recommendations informed by data and insights
- Able to work on multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines, while maintaining focus in an environment with conflicting demands
- Able to communicate complex situations clearly and simply by listening actively and conveying difficult messages in a positive manner
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively in an intense, distributed team environment, able to build direct working relationships across all levels of the IBM and client teams
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Academic or professional experience in modern marketing optimization, sales optimization, service optimization, ventures and partnership development, product management, supply chain management, organizational design, operating model design, performance management
- Academic or professional experience working with large and complex data sets to develop actionable insights, leveraging modern tools such as SAS, Python, R, Stata, SQL, as well as advanced functions in Excel
- Academic or professional experience incorporating design thinking and creative approaches (e.g. prototyping) to problem solving and strategy formulation
- Have a passion for innovative ideas, coupled with the ability to understand and assimilate different points of view
- Can translate business requirements into technical solutions as well as generating business cases
- Demonstrate leadership experience and ability to adapt, with willingness to readily take ownership of tasks and problems, which often extend beyond initial scope of responsibility
- Have initiative to actively seek new knowledge and improve skills
- Had an internship or work experience in corporate setting with demonstrated track record of success