**Please submit a Cover Letter for consideration**
The Marketing & Development team generates diverse, sustainable income streams through fundraising and marketing activities for the sake of those who are medically vulnerable. The right candidate must possess exceptional technical writing skills, demonstrate fundraising savvy and thrive on a performance-driven, fast-paced, good-humored team.
The Grant Writer works on overall marketing & development initiatives of the agency. The primary focus includes writing grant proposals and managing the related aspects of grant application submissions for program areas as needed; continually researching funding opportunities for program continuation and implementation; and managing up-to-date and accurate records for funders and the agency. The position also involves offering input on strategic planning, team problem solving and marketing initiatives. The role often requires creating marketing materials of all media, and providing support related to special events.
- Degree in business, communications, public relations, journalism, English, advertising, social work, etc.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in grant writing including some marketing experience.
- Experience in health care field and solid knowledge of health care, behavioral health, case management, education and prevention services (HIV Primary care and Support Services preferred).
- Experience as lead writer on at least one federal government application preferred.
- Previous Raiser’s Edge experience preferred; database experience of some kind preferred.
- Experience with Adobe design software preferred.
· Constructs well-written, data-driven, persuasive applications and proposals for funding existing infrastructure and future program development.
· Continually researches future funding opportunities to expand organizational financial sustainability.
· Contributes to grant tracking process by:
o Coordinating with appropriate program and administrative staff on upcoming deadlines and deliverables.
o Following up on submitted grant applications with funders.
o Tracking receipt of grant award letters, contracts, and payments, as applicable. Coordinating contract execution process as needed.
o Tracking progress towards grant spenddown and proposed outcomes and outputs.
o Documenting and tracking grant report deadlines and future application cycles for ongoing funders.
o Facilitating discussions on proposed grant prospects with program and administrative support staff (such as the Quality Improvement and Finance teams).
o Providing review and edits for team members’ application and report submissions.
· Prepares detailed grant reports.
· Is available to support other KC CARE teams with organizational background and historical information along with standard forms.
· Works collaboratively with KC CARE leadership, administrative staff, and program staff to ensure grant funding levels are consistent with organizational and programmatic needs and to ensure grant applications and reports accurately represent KC CARE’s staff, patients, and services.
· Contributes, as appropriate, to overall development efforts such as contributing to strategic discussions, developing messaging strategies for fundraising initiatives, and creating content for a variety of development activities including but not limited to annual reports, event collateral, and donor communications.
· Supports the execution of special events through content creation (such as copywriting), technology implementation, volunteer training and on-site management, as needed.
· Supports the mission and vision of KC CARE.
· Is a team member of KC CARE supporting other staff members and departments when needed.
· All other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
· Ability to work independently, self-initiate projects, prioritize workload in an organized manner, and follow through with meeting deadlines.
· Proven project management skills including facilitation of project teams.
· Exceptionally strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
· Proven ability to multitask and quickly adjust to change.
· Must have exceptional attention to detail as well as record keeping acumen.
· Strong technological aptitude. Extensive computer knowledge of Microsoft products and Adobe Acrobat.
· Must be able to manage time effectively, multi-task, and balance competing deadlines and priorities.
· Must be able to handle and keep extremely sensitive information confidential.
· Must be able to work flexible schedules supporting fundraising events, including occasional evenings and weekends.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
· Intermittent physical activity includes walking, standing, sitting, lifting of office supplies.
· Exposure to virus, disease, and infection from patients in working environment.
· Will be expected to work evening and/or additional hours as needed.
· Ability to work a hybrid schedule, both remotely and on-site is expected.
The above information is intended to describe the most important aspects of the job. This job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required to perform the work. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. KC CARE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity/affirmative action (EEO/AA) to all job applicants and employees.