Manager of Eligibility & Enrollment is responsible to support the Health Center in raising awareness of insurance options, increasing our insured pool through Medicaid and providing eligibility and enrollment assistance to uninsured patients and residents in our service area. Manages eligibility and enrollment staff who provide general education and support to insured patients including assistance completing applications for Medicaid, Medicare and Marketplace health insurance..
· Bachelors Degree plus five years experience in client services related to insurance eligibility, enrollment and education. Masters Degree preferred.
· Must have reliable transportation to conduct outreach and enrollment activities and attend mandatory meetings throughout the state, as local and regional travel may be required.
· Experience with outreach and presenting in front of large groups and/or facilitating workshops
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Experience with community outreach and assisting low-income or traditionally marginalized individuals preferred.
· Recruits, hires, trains and manages eligibility and enrollment staff.
· Assists eligibility and enrollment staff with complex cases.
· Provides close supervision and guidance to project staff to ensure all project goals are met
· Regularly conducts internal program evaluation and quality assurance activities for staff supervised
· Provide statistical information on program activities, as requested by the supervisor
· Participates in quality assurance and outcomes processes/activities to improve client service delivery.
· Manages eligibility and enrollment documentation system tickets, testing updates, ongoing maintenance, staff training and meetings.
· Manages and coordinates tasks with lead eligibility specialist
· Coordinates outreach and recruitment efforts as pertains to enrollment in health insurance.
· Coordinates with local, state and federal partners to access training and identify best practices for eligibility and enrollment services
· Markets KC CARE eligibility and enrollment services to community partner organizations through relationship building, awareness, and education strategies, and respond to requests for training and enrollment services.
· Evaluates and respond to community requests for training and enrollment services related to health insurance programs.
· Manages KC CARE organizational licensure and individual licensure for health insurance enrollment in MO and KS
· Effectively handle a variety of situations requiring tact, judgment, and poise by providing excellent customer service skills.
· Can appropriately prioritize his/her time, zeroing in on critical issues; accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objective and goals.
· Builds appropriate rapport with others; can find common ground and work collaboratively as needed to achieve results.
· Other duties as assigned by Director of Care Coordination or Chief Operation Officer.
· Excellent computer skills with high comfort level utilizing the Internet.
· Strong verbal communicator both in-person and by phone, including both expressing concepts and information in an understandable way as well as attentive listening skills.
· Attention to detail and task-focused, demonstrating excellent follow-through.
· Ability to function effectively in both an autonomous work environment and as part of a team.
· Ability to assist uninsured and underinsured individuals in understanding their health insurance options, facilitate their decision to select and enroll in coverage.
· Ability to adhere to facility, state or federal guidelines and regulations, including strict confidentiality rules.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
· Potential exposure to virus, disease and infection from patients in working environment
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to identify, communicate and exchange information
· The employee regularly is required to move about the building
· Expected to travel to community meetings, client homes or other agencies
· May experience traumatic situations including psychiatric traumatized and deceased patients
· Employee may regularly have to lift up to ten (10) pounds
The above information is intended to describe the most important aspects of the job. This job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required in order to perform the work. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. KC CARE Health Center is committed to providing equal employment opportunity/affirmative action (EEO/AA) to all job applicants and employees.