Summary: The IT Support Specialist Intern will provide primary support for client hardware and software applications in all aspects of technical support and secondary support for network and systems administration. This position could lead to full time employment at Luby Equipment Services.
· Basic administration of web applications. i.e. User administration of SharePoint.
· Provide primary help desk and desktop support to all users.
· Document and track all user support request, calls, and emails.
· Install new, approved hardware and software for users as well as handle equipment refreshes.
· Educate users on the proper usage of company hardware and applications.
· Maintain and update inventory and utilization records of software and hardware resources.
· Provide basic computer hardware and software troubleshooting.
· Basic administration of all mac filtering list (LAN, wireless, etc.).
· Troubleshoot possible network issues affecting end users and be able to supply troubleshooting details to an escalated resource.
· Create new user accounts within Active Directory, SharePoint, Office 365, Exchange, and other company applications.
Skills & Abilities
· Diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing computer software and hardware for employees.
· Experience with Microsoft Office 365, Windows 10, and other hosted platforms.
· General knowledge and experience with Windows Server and Microsoft Exchange.
· General knowledge and experience configuring web-based switches, firewalls, VOIP phone systems, etc.
· Seeking a degree in IT or similar field at an accredited college.
· Strong organization, people, and communication skills.
· Strong multi-tasking and time management skills.
Strong work ethic and team first mentality.