MarksNelson’s Spring 2023 Tax Internship
MarksNelson is seeking full time, incredibly detail-oriented Spring 2023 Interns to provide entry-level support to the Tax Department from mid-January 2023 through April 15, 2023.
From exploring to fully employed, MarksNelson will help you get there. Our internship program will prepare you for a career in accounting while learning what it takes to achieve your goals in the “real world”. We know that each person, and their career path, is unique. MarksNelson is here to guide you in airing the skills that you’ll need to succeed.
Tax Internship Objectives:
- Learn the mechanics of work paper preparation and documentation: neat, accurate, comprehensive, understandable.
- Gain exposure to the types of tax return engagements offered by the Firm.
- Develop a working knowledge of the basic procedures required for tax return preparation.
- Complete software and tax return training programs as required.
- Perform basic research project.
- Pursuing a degree in accounting
- Successfully completed entry level and ideally, intermediate accounting courses. One tax course is preferred.
- Pursuing credit hours to sit for the CPA exam
We are looking for:
- Curious professionals who want to listen, ask and discover. We not only want to understand business but the “why’s” behind it.
- Commitment to personal attention to enable us to truly connect, understand others perspectives and provide the best solutions.
- Excellence. Professionals who are dedicated to delivering a quality product, prepared with great attention to detail and accuracy.
- Professionals who are Vigilant with everything they do from keeping projects on track to going beyond the expected.
MarksNelson is dedicated to helping our professionals to Move Forward by helping them to expand their knowledge base and grow as respected team members. Come join us!
A little about us:
MarksNelson LLC, a top-rated accounting and business advisory firm located in Kansas City, helps clients safeguard and grow their businesses. We have an extensive focus in the real estate, insurance, manufacturing and distribution, and construction sectors. With clients’ specific needs in mind, we offer a full range of national-level advisory services including assurance, tax, accounting, technology solutions, and more.
Fostering both internal and external relationships is a focal point for MarksNelson, making it a great place to gain real world experience. To learn more and make the move forward, visit marksnelsoncpa.com.