McKesson requires new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, subject to applicable, verified accommodation requests.
Currently ranked 7thon the FORTUNE 500, McKesson Corporation is a global leader in healthcare supply chain management solutions, retail pharmacy, community oncology and specialty care and healthcare information technology. United by our ICARE shared principles, our employees work every day to innovate and deliver opportunities to improve patient care in every setting – one product, one partner, one patient at a time.
McKesson’s Intern program provides raising seniors with an opportunity to receive real world work experience in the healthcare industry. Interns will work hands-on in a dynamic, fast-paced, sales environment and will learn the basic competencies of a healthcare sales representative and aid in the sales process.
The Extended Care Inside Sales Intern(s) will be responsible for engaging in sales and department functions such as: working on meaningful department initiatives, prospecting dormant customers, participating in medical device in-services, conducting marketing campaigns and assist in other day-to-day Inside Sales business development activities.
This is a great opportunity for rising seniors to learn about the Extended Care industry, learn about healthcare equipment and supplies and engage with customers and learn about the healthcare supply chain.
Intern Program Details:
- Paid Internship
- Full time / 10 weeks
- Positions will reside in Richmond, VA (Pending Work from Home)
- No company sponsored housing, relocation, student visa or Green Card assistance
- The internship program also provides networking, access to executives, structured performance & coaching
- Training provided from vendors, subject matter experts, and industry leaders
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct research on prospective clients
- Executing customer contact campaigns focused on targeted initiatives
- Partnering with inside sales managers and on special projects
- Working in Salesforce.com and executing marketing and sales campaigns
- General office tasks and business development activities
- Enrolled as a full-time student at the time of the internship, at the Undergraduate or Graduate level
- Must have completed a minimum of 75 credit hours by the start of the internship
- Must be a rising senior
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Preferred Majors: Business, Advertising, Marketing or Communications
- Minimum 3.0 GPA preferred
- Familiar with Microsoft Office
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- General Office Demands
Career Level – IC – Business Support – B1
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAcquisition@mckesson.com . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!