The primary responsibilities of the HR Coordinator are to be a resource for the employees and also provide administrative support to the HR Manager. Major areas of focus include managing the following: medical emergencies, plant wellness program, group insurance, compiling reports, tracking attendance occurrences, scheduling hearing tests, Ergonomics program, New Hire Orientation, plan employee relations events, filing and data entry.
- Provide immediate medical attention to injured employees, which may include transporting them to the hospital or doctor’s office. Record injuries in the First Aid log. Prepare reports for Worker’s Compensation claims, which are entered in the OSHA log. Check on the progress of injured employees.
- Function as the group insurance coordinator. Assist New Hires with enrollment process (including 401(k) elections) and serve as main contact person for Annual enrollment. Be available to help employees with questions regarding claims, Sick & Accident pay, payroll issues, etc.
- Maintain database for current employees. Manage Progressions spreadsheet to track qualification periods and wage increases. Send corresponding Change of Status and performance evaluations to the supervisors. Update information as needed into SAP.
- Manage the plant Wellness program. This includes: scheduling flu vaccines, blood panels, planning wellness activities, coordinating gym membership reimbursements, etc.
- Compile reports: weekly workforce, attendance, fire drill, monthly intranet, monthly OSHA to Racine
- Participate in New Hire Orientation (safety training, policies, new hire paperwork).
- Assist with planning Employee Relations activities: Birthday lunches, Annual Picnic, Veterans Banquet, etc.
- Track hourly attendance occurrences. Email supervisors when employees have used 6+ occurrences.
- Make cafeteria refunds/change; report problems to Aramark.
- Schedule hearing tests and hand out results yearly.
- Lead the Ergonomics program. Meet with Occupational Therapist monthly to evaluate work stations, and make recommendations on any improvements needed.
- Schedule shoe mobiles yearly. Record each employee’s purchase of safety shoes and glasses.
- Manage record-keeping process for personnel, safety, and medical files.
- Administer drug screens per chain of custody guidelines and forward to the lab for testing.
- Register new hires on Virginia New Hire and e-verify.
- Type letters, memos, Plant Bulletins, etc. File, copy and perform additional general office duties
- High School diploma or GED
- Must be willing to become CPR and First Aid certified
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to handle all confidential information appropriately
- Proficient with computers (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
Experience in handling medical emergencies preferred.