This internship will work with our Print Services Implementations team in our Quality & Process Engineering Division. This position has a moderate level of customer interaction and works closely with the other software implementation teams as well as software developers in resolving issues. Strong communication skills both internally and externally with proper documentation are key to this position.
For more information on our internships, click HERE.
**Current applications submitted will be under consideration for Summer 2022 (May-August)**
- Provide customer support to internal and external customers in all encounters.
- Assist customers in several aspects of application support including troubleshooting and on-going support.
- Follow-up with members on Change Requests (CRs) being researched by various support groups.
- Email communication with external customers.
- Answer customer voicemails left on support mailbox.
- Prepare Change Requests (CRs) and follow-up to resolution.
- Follow-up with customers on recommended changes or resolutions on CR’s waiting on customer response.
- Follow-up with Member/Customers on requests and procedures.
- Utilize all support tools as directed.
- Convey customer feedback to product development staff as appropriate.
- May be called upon to provide in other support areas.
- May be called upon to participate in testing of new product development or enhancements and documentation.
- Review system and training documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Job Experience:
- Basic knowledge of Project Management processes and theory.
- Basic knowledge of Service Level Management (SLM) best practices.
- Basic knowledge of the Utility or Telecom industry.
- Familiarity with other integrated applications and services.
- Basic verbal and written interpersonal and communication skills.
- Basic presentation and training skills.
- Basic telephone etiquette and an ability to deal effectively with Member/Customers.
- Basic research and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Moderate PC skills.
- Ability to effectively lead, influence and teach others.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to interact in a positive manner with internal and external contacts.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Commitment to NISC’s Statement of Shared Values.
Desired Education and/or Certification(s):
- High School diploma or equivalency required
- Pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the essential functions of this position, employees must be able to see and communicate. Employees are regularly required to maintain a stationary position, move, and operate computer keyboards or office equipment.
Disclaimer: Management may modify this job description by assigning or reassigning duties and responsibilities at any time.