Are you interested in pursuing a career in the exciting world of Logistics and Supply Chain Management? Then look no further, because NFI offers an exciting opportunity for recent college graduates to gain hands-on experience to prepare them for a rewarding career leading others in the Supply Chain Industry. NFI places a strong emphasis on developing future leaders, and our Supply Chain Operations Trainee Program is structured to do just that.
Privately held by the Brown family since its inception in 1932, NFI generates more than $2 billion in annual revenue and employs over 15,000 associates. NFI is a leading international third party logistics provider with customers ranging from Fortune 100 companies to small businesses. We pride ourselves on delivering completely customized supply chain solutions no matter the industry.
During the NFI Trainee Program, you will complete a rotation through all facets of either our Distribution or Transportation Operations. Our robust on-the-job training and development program combined with a vast range of challenging hands-on projects and assignments will prepare you for an entry-level supervisory position.
This program combines individualized functional/tactical training with a strong focus on developing true leaders capable of succeeding in today’s competitive environment. Participants will observe experienced professionals to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures and standards required for performance excellence.
You will learn to effectively communicate, influence and interact with all types of customers as well as a wide range of colleagues throughout NFI.
The program consists of facilitated real-life and classroom learning designed to expose participants to key business functions such as:
- Process flow throughout an operation
- 3PL Operations/Management Responsibilities
- Forecasting and Labor Planning
- Introduction to Contracts, P&L, KPIs
- Exposure to Start-Up locations
In addition to the individualized operation and project you will be working on at your designated location, you will have the opportunity to network with other University hires across the country, hear from key business leaders (Sales, Engineering, IT, HR, etc), and participate in leadership development cohort experience.
Upon a successful completion of your 18-20 week training period, you will present an overview of key learnings about the business as well as yourself as a leader and make the transition to an Operations Supervisor position leading your own team.
Pay rate for the training period is $24/hour and it is overtime eligible. Upon promotion to an Operations Supervisor position, salary would be determined based on the market location with a minimum starting annual salary of $52,000.
Our Supply Chain Operations Trainees must be able to start with us between the Mid-May beginning of June timeframe.
- We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit and loads of initiative
- Recently completed Bachelor’s degree within the last year (Preferred majors: Supply Chain, Logistics, Business, or related field
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now, or in the future (ex. H1-B, F-1)
- Extracurricular activities that illustrate leadership
- Previous employment or internship experience in a related field is a plus
- Must be open to relocation upon completion of the program (within a region: NE, SE, West, etc)
- Ability to make independent decisions; work well in a team environment, customer service skills, strong organizational skills, and a positive attitude required
- Ability to remain flexible and responsive when faced with multiple urgent requests
- Must be goal oriented, results driven and assertive
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus/required in some locations
Locations: CA, PA, FL, NC, SC, OH, IL, TX, NY, NJ (additional locations may be added as we near Summer 2022)