Over 1600 associates make up the Cardiovascular, Renal & Metabolism (CRM) team. At Novartis we are committed to reducing the global burden of cardiovascular, renal and metabolic diseases on patients, families and their communities.
We are Novartis.
Join us and help reimagine medicine!
The Associate Primary Care Sales Specialist is expected to learn how to build and execute business plans to meet sales goals for assigned territory. To ultimately drive territory sales performance, market share and optimal resource utilization. To develop effective professional business relationships with customers that support delivery of business results for the CRM portfolio. To coordinate effectively and as appropriate with other field teams and managed market associates and to manage customer engagement across care settings and through transitions in patient care. To differentiate Novartis as a leader across CRM therapeutic areas with primary care customers.
This is a remote opportunity.
Your Key Responsibilities:
• Learns Novartis Sales Model and Product Training and become proficient at executing sales calls.
• Becomes competent in executing business plans and driving achievement of sales targets for assigned territory, customers or therapeutic area.
• Develops and applies understanding of customer organizations and networks and of diverse influences that affect customer decisions (e.g. peer relationships).
• Executes call plans for customers, including medical experts from customer or academic communities; calls on the right person to deliver the right message with the right frequency.
• Collaborates effectively with other customer-facing field teams (e.g., Cardiology Sales Specialists and Institutional Sales Specialists) and US Managed Market System of Care team (US MM SoC) to provide seamless customer experience across transitions of care and throughout customer organizations.
• Serves as a resource to assist with providing both proactive and reactive education and support regarding NPC CRM access programs as needed for community practices, medical groups and facilities, and their staff. Triage to franchise counterparts as appropriate.
• Serves as a resource and/or assist with providing support for resolving customer/account questions regarding coverage, access, and reimbursement, where appropriate. Triage appropriate inquiries, including patient-specific inquiries, to FRM and/or other franchise counterparts as directed by NPC policy and procedure.
• Ensures that Novartis products and supporting services are broadly understood and available to more patients and customers.
• Deploys and uses approved Marketing and Sales promotional materials and programs; runs direct promotion programs and facilitates pull-through activities.
• Uses expert knowledge of Novartis products and of a range of therapy areas to build professional customer relationships and to support sound clinical discussions.
Integrity & Compliance:
• Promotes and holds others accountable to NPC policies including policies regarding appropriate Medical/Commercial interactions, Code of Ethics, and all applicable laws and regulations. Works to ensure a diverse and inclusive environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment.
• Ethical achievement of sales and revenue targets.
Check out our video about this CRM sales role!
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What You’ll Bring to the Role:
• Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Life Sciences, Pharmacy, or Business-related discipline)
• Strong ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally within a matrix environment
• Excellent time management, communication & negotiation skills
• A passion for health care and for getting the appropriate medication to the appropriate patient.
• This is a remote position. Candidate must be based within that region or within a reasonable daily commuting distance. Ability to travel 60-80% over a broad geography is required, with the ability to drive and/or fly within the territory. No relocation available.
How to apply:
Click the Apply Externally link and search for a region of interest to apply. If you are interested in more than one region, please apply to all. A cover letter is not required. External job postings will be taken down as they are filled, so please apply as soon as possible.
769 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2020. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity, and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network