Dare to be different? Are you looking to follow the herd or do you see yourself as a trail blazer? If you’re ready to chart new territory maybe it’s time to launch your professional career with a unique and well paid, full-time position at Novogradac & Company LLP. Novogradac is hiring Accountants to start busy season 2022 (January 2022).
Under close supervision, the Staff Accountant will complete a variety of tax, audit and other assignments as designated by the Supervisor or Manager.
- Complete tax and/or audit engagements for designated clients as directed by your Supervisor or Manager
- Identify and communicate potential problem areas during engagements
- Conduct business specific research – gather and analyze data, interpret results, compile reports and make recommendations to principals and partners
- Develop effective client relationships through professionalism and follow-through
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Exhibit a basic understanding of accounting and tax rules
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Perform work accurately and in a time efficient manner, with strong attention to detail, organization and follow through
- Ability to work under close supervision and accept constructive feedback, making adjustments as directed
- Ability to work collaboratively and foster a productive, team-oriented environment with both colleagues and clients
- Strong computer skills, including solid skill in the Microsoft Office suite (particularly Word & Excel) and report writing tools
- Maintain a professional demeanor with co-workers and clients
- Adhere to internal Firm deadlines (time entry)
- Able to contribute ideas and add value to designated team
- Available to work evenings and weekends based on position needs, and to travel domestically if required
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting or finance and up to 1 year of experience in public accounting or 1-3 years of experience in an internal accounting role, and/or appropriate balance of education and work experience. Ability to sit for the CPA exam or passed sections of the CPA exam is a plus.
To be considered for this position, interested candidates MUST apply via our company website: http://careers.novoco.com/
Novogradac & Company LLP offers a progressive work environment, competitive pay and an excellent benefit package including; medical, dental, vision, paid-time-off, life/disability insurance, commuter flex accounts and a 401(k).
Novogradac & Company LLP is an equal opportunity employer.