PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of a wide range of customers, including the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. To support our customer’s complex missions around the world, PAE’s current portfolio includes capabilities in aviation, capacity building and stabilization, critical infrastructure, expeditionary logistics, identity and information management solutions, integrated security solutions, test and training ranges, and training solutions; and enterprise-level technology products and software.
Over the past several years, PAE has increased the breadth of services we offer our customers by integrating companies with proven capabilities and a customer-focused workforce culture. Today, the approximately 20,000 members of our global workforce perform with excellence and dedication in over 60 countries, on all seven continents, in some of the world’s most challenging regions. We attribute our success to the quality of our work and the integrity and high ethical standards that define our business operations. We are strongly committed to diversity, recognizing our success depends on bringing together a wide range of perspectives, skills and experiences to find the most innovative, cost-effective solutions for our customers. Above all, PAE dedicates itself to the missions of our customers. The entire workforce maintains a focus and commitment on delivering the highest quality of support of the critical work of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations.
Through its Internship Program, PAE will provide high-potential undergraduate students the opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge of the government contracting industry, apply their skills to projects within their discipline, and grow their personal and professional networks.
PAE is seeking an intern to support PAE’s Global Supply Chain Department. PAE has operations in over 60 countries and maintains an intricate network of suppliers, third party logistics providers, and talented staff to ensure our operations teams receive the equipment and materials they need to complete their mission. Some of the tasks the Global Supply Chain Intern may see include:
- Government required reporting and data analysis, audit support, and policies and procedures
- Review purchase requisitions for clarity, compliance, detail, completeness, and obtain additional information considered necessary.Develop sourcing lists for various commodities to support the development of requests for information (RFIs), quotations (RFQs), proposals (RFPs) and invitations to bid.
- Prepare Requests for Quotes and Proposals, comparisons, recommendations, and justifications.
- Review proposals, negotiate price and payment and delivery terms, select or recommend suppliers, analyzes trends, follows up orders placed, and verifies delivery.
- Confer with suppliers and analyze suppliers’ operations to determine factors that affect prices and determine lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules specific to an identified geographic location.
- Compile and analyze statistical data to determine feasibility of buying products and to establish price objectives.
- Prepare cost/price analysis documentation in accordance with Procurement Policies and Procedures.
- Generate Purchase Orders in final form for approval and signature.Maintain supplier files and purchase order records in accordance with established policies, procedures, and audit guidelines to ensure compliance through the procurement cycle.
- Actively manage the procurement process from order placement, receipt of products, and subsequent payment of invoices.
- Actively manage supplier performance through consistent communication to ensure proper adherence to purchase order terms and conditions.
- Interact with suppliers and departments regarding procurement procedures and status of orders.
- Support proposal activities to include soliciting and negotiating quotes consistent with capture strategy.
- Serve as a business advisor to internal customers, providing alternative solutions to requested items when such solution would provide a benefit to the Company (i.e. enhanced performance, cost savings, or positive schedule impact).
- Procure using streamlined acquisition methods such as purchase card transactions.
- Plan, organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks to execute job functions in an orderly, efficient manner.
- Work professionally in a team environment and independently as necessary.
- Identify problems, analyze alternatives, and develop viable recommendations.
- Read, comprehend and interpret written materials of moderate to complex difficulty.
- Compose written materials of moderate to complex difficulty on procurement-related issues.
- Act with integrity at all times when representing the Company.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Develops a set of metrics to monitor the performance of suppliers and logistics providers
- Analyze program data across entities
- Assist in corporate agreement initiatives
- US Citizen
- Rising junior or senior in an accredited college majoring in logistics, supply chain management, business administration, economics, finance, or another related major
- Interest in Government Contracting industry
- Excitement and orientation to constant learning
- Self-starter, actively seeks out assignments
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Creative and flexible
- Ability to live and work in the Fort Worth, TX area