Summer 2022 Internship
For more information, please click HERE to watch a brief video about the program and to express interest in potentially becoming a LEAP intern.
The Leadership Excellence at Penn (LEAP) Program is a career and leadership development program designed for college/university students nearing graduation and/or recent graduates. In totality, the program is 15-months and divided into 2 phases:
· Internship (Phase 1): 12-week paid internship that provides practical, hands-on experience in several functional areas while being mentored by corporate and property leaders. Interns will present a summary of their experience to property leadership at the end of the internship.
· Associate (Phase 2): 12-month program in which participants are hired full-time into an entry-level professional position in their functional area while being mentored by corporate and property leaders. Associates complete and present a capstone-type project to senior leadership at the end of the program.
The LEAP internship is designed for college/university students, completing their junior year, working towards a degree. Interns are exposed to a variety of real-life work experiences by rotating through various functional areas, which may include:
· learning and performing job duties of functional areas, where jurisdictionally approved
· working on projects related to key business priorities, determined by property
· participating in Company-wide training programs and attending key meetings
· building relationships with team members, department leaders, and executives
· Undergraduate students, enrolled in an accredited college/university, with an interest in food & beverage, finance, gaming operations, hospitality, human resources, information technology, and/or marketing
· At least 21 years of age prior to beginning internship
· Eligible to work in the United States
· Available for full-time employment (40hrs/week), working varied shifts including holidays and weekends, for the duration of the internship
· Interns are considered temporary, hourly, full-time team members
· Property pays interns a bi-weekly salary based on market (average of $19.00 – $21.63 an hour)
o Staying on property: No housing stipend provided, accommodations paid by property
o Staying off property: Monthly stipend provided but not to exceed $1,200 per month unless located in a higher cost of living area
· All internship-related expenses are funded by property
· Interns are responsible for meals/travel/relocation/recreation during the internship if not work related.
2022: KEY DATES
December-January Introduction to properties and begin selection process
February-March Final candidates chosen and offers extended
Late May-Early June Start of internship
August End of internship; offers made to successful interns