The Management in Training – Operations (MIT) Program is a world class, hands-on training program for individuals seeking a long-term career in operations management. You will receive the guidance, support and resources to learn everything there is to know about the swimming pool supply, irrigation and landscape distribution industry. If you have an eye for quality, sense of urgency and a passion for efficiency, then we want to speak with you!
*This position is located throughout the United States and Canada.*
What You Will Do:
- Receive hands-on training and perform duties in every area of the distribution center including Operations, Management, and Purchasing.
- Observe experienced employees to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures, and standards of performance for a successful sales center.
- Shadow contractors/builders, service/maintenance, and retail store customers to learn their aspect of the swimming pool, irrigation and landscaping business.
- Participate in classroom training sessions (lecture, role play and computer lab) at the state-of-the-art EDGEucation Center in Plano, Texas. Topics to include operations, financials, leadership, human capital management and operating systems.
- Learn management viewpoints and company policies and procedures that affect each phase of business.
- Set and achieve performance goals and objectives with the MIT Programs Manager and Employee Development Manager.
- Give comprehensive presentation to senior level management for completion of the Operations MIT program at the end of the 6 month program.
- Other job duties and special operations projects as assigned.
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree in Industrial Distribution, Supply Chain Management, Management, Operations or other related discipline with a minimum of 2.5 GPA.
- Work experience in a leadership and/or problem solving role. In lieu of work experience, will consider involvement in distribution or supply chain internships, organizations/clubs, volunteer work/community service, athletics or military leadership.
- Desire and ability to work in a distribution warehouse environment.
- Results driven, self-starter with the ability to lead and develop a team with rapidly changing priorities. Strong leadership skills are a must!
- Ability to learn quickly, make decisions and adapt to change and uncertainty.
- Ability to speak effectively to customers, employees and all levels of management.
- Possess and demonstrate a motivated, passionate, customer service driven attitude.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite with ability to learn inventory system and additional software.
- Willingness and ability to relocate during and after the program (at company expense) for career development opportunities.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time.
- Ability to maneuver heavy machinery, such as pallet jacks, forklifts, etc. and lift products up to 75 pounds.
Learn more about the position by visiting www.poolcorp.com/mit.
POOLCORP is a drug-free company and an EOE, M/F/V/D.
For Colorado Applicants Only:
At POOLCORP, we are committed to our employees’ success. Our comprehensive benefits program offers the flexibility of benefits that meet the needs of our employees and their families. Some of these benefits include medical, dental and vision care, company-paid life and long-term disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, flexible spending and health savings accounts, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase plan, and employee assistance and education reimbursement programs. These benefits can help build a foundation for the future while helping employees live a healthy lifestyle.
The annual compensation for this position in Colorado is $47,500 based on a full-time schedule. Additionally, this position may be eligible for relocation or cost of living adjustments.
Please note that benefits are subject to change. For more information about compensation and benefits, visit https://www.poolcorp.com/careers/compensation-benefits/ .