Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Investment Associate – Kirkland, WA
Join a growing team and use your analytical and communication skills as well as industry knowledge to help clients obtain their financial goals and plan for the future. You will work closely with one or more Financial Advisors (FA) and help them grow their business, educate clients regarding products and services, monitor client activity and performance, communicate investment strategy, and gather information for wealth planning.
What will you do?
- Gather client suitability information, open new accounts, and assist with asset gathering.
- Facilitate the transfer of funds and securities and the issuance of checks, wire transfers and ACH disbursements when requested.
- Process investment advisory agreements and monitor account surveillance on the AdvisoryLink platform.
- Identify business development opportunities with the goal of increasing revenue, enhancing client relationships and streamlining day-to-day processes.
- Provide a high level of service to clients by anticipating needs and completing requests efficiently.
- At the FA’s request, research and communicate investment strategies and recommendations to clients.
- Research complex problems in clients’ accounts with assistance from business partners and deliver an effective and acceptable resolution.
- 3+ years of Registered Client Associate experience or related industry experience
- Series 7 and 66 (or 63/65)
- Advanced understanding of the stock market, investments and retirement plans and working knowledge of fixed income products, equities, mutual funds, insurance, annuities and applicable compliance rules and regulations
- Computer proficiency
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to continually maintain and build relationships, being detail-oriented, possessing outstanding written and verbal communication and problem solving skills, and ability to navigate multiple demands in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Salesforce experience
- Knowledge of Money Guide Pro planning software
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.