Who we are:
Founded in 1985, Richey May provides assurance, tax and business advisory services to clients throughout the United States. Our firm has focused on serving clients in the Financial Services industry for over 30 years.
Why Richey May:
Being part of the Richey May team, you’ll be joining one of the Fastest Growing Public Accounting Firms in the country that has been awarded the Inside Public Accounting Excellence in Firm Culture award! Here you’ll have the professional resources to help advance your career, while supporting your life outside of the office!
What Our Internal Audit Associates Do:
- Assist with planning work on assigned segments of an internal audit
- Develop and execute audit plans within established budgets
- Recommend the methods of obtaining, analyzing, and evaluating evidence
- Develop document requests and coordinate delivery of evidence
- Review transactions, documents, records, reports and methods for accuracy and effectiveness.
- Prepare acceptable working papers that record and summarize data and reach the appropriate conclusion on the assigned internal audit segment
- Hold preliminary discussions of deficiencies with operating personnel to verify findings and obtain explanations for each deficiency and documents responses
- Report audit findings and makes recommendations for the correction of unsatisfactory conditions, improvements in operations and the internal control environment
- Assist in the performance of special reviews and performs other duties as assigned
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Team player – help where you can, stay engaged with the team through project completion
- Take career ownership through proactively seeking assignment, research, helping others, seeking feedback and keeping others informed of available hours
- Eager to learn and receptive of feedback
- Positive attitude and great communicator
- Attained a Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university
- One or more years related experience and/or training
- Working toward licensure
- Demonstrated computer skills and experience with accounting software
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Desire to pursue a CIA, CPA or CISA certification
We are proud to offer the following firm-sponsored benefits: employee medical, employer health savings account contribution, life insurance, and long-term disability. Other voluntary benefits include short-term disability, accident, vision, dental, and medical for dependents. We offer a discretionary profit-sharing 401k plan, certification bonuses, education reimbursement, 10 paid holidays, and up to 27 days of PTO per year. Employees are eligible for a performance-based incentive bonus on top of base salary. The salary range for this role is $48,000 to $72,000.
Richey May & Co., LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.