ABOUT SEABOARD FOODS
At Seaboard Foods, we create the most sought-after pork. A top U.S. pork producer/processor and leading exporter to 30+ countries, we are committed to the pursuit of pork perfection, seeking a better way to produce wholesome pork and connect every step between our farms and family tables. Together, more than 5,000 employees in five states work in our farms, feed mills, and processing plant, to produce Prairie Fresh® pork, ensuring the well-being of our animals, the environment, our employees and the communities we call home.
The Accounting Intern will learn the day-to-day accounting tasks in various divisions of a large company and will be trained on company-specific items and terminology. The accounting department at Seaboard Foods is focused on cost accounting and the intern will work on projects working with the day-to-day production information systems, accounting projects, accounts payable, monthly financial reports, account reconciliations, feed mill month-end close processes, cost analysis and others as needed by the accounting supervisor. The internship program will be 10 weeks long and will take place Guymon, Oklahoma.
RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Understand day to day accounting tasks in various divisions of a large company and train on company specific items and terminology.
- Basic knowledge of cost accounting, information systems, accounts payable, monthly financial reports, account reconciliations, cost analysis and others as needed by supervisor.
- Complete a department-based project as assigned by your supervisor and present your findings to management.
- Currently enrolled in a two-year or four-year university or college
- Coursework or experience in accounting or finance
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, have excellent math skills, and be able to use a computer properly.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Good critical thinking and judgement skills to reach the best possible solution to a problem.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of people such as employees, managers, and senior management
Seaboard Foods is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.