ABOUT SEABOARD FOODS
At Seaboard Foods, we create the most sought-after pork. A top U.S. pork producer/processor and leading exporter to 30+ countries, we are committed to the pursuit of pork perfection, seeking a better way to produce wholesome pork and connect every step between our farms and family tables. Together, more than 5,000 employees in five states work in our farms, feed mills, and processing plant, to produce Prairie Fresh® pork, ensuring the well-being of our animals, the environment, our employees and the communities we call home.
Farm Management Trainees will gain knowledge and training in our daily farm operations and receive swine farm management, supervisory and leadership training necessary to prepare them for a supervisory or technical role within a swine farm or support department. The training period will be 6 to 12 months in Guymon, OK. Upon completion of the training period, farm operations trainees will be eligible to apply for open positions in any of our operations areas and be promoted within Seaboard Foods.
RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Tending and caring for pigs in all stages of production including sow farms, nurseries, and grow/finish farms, as well as learning to manage farm and personnel within the Seaboard Foods system.
- Learning and performing each task within the farm successfully, including but not limited to: monitoring feed and water supply, cleaning and disinfecting pens and alleys, treating animals as needed, processing piglets, monitoring barn environment and ventilation, record-keeping, and managing reporting, employee management, and scheduling.
- Assisting the farm manager and assistant manager in daily duties and filling in for the managers when they are absent.
- Ensuring that all daily and weekly production targets are met, as well as completing and submitting production analysis reports in a timely manner.
Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year university or college, an associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Related fields of study: animal science, agribusiness, general business, management, operations management, food science, ag education, livestock management, and other related degrees or experience.
- Demonstrated experience or ability to facilitate, encourage, coach, and lead a team to reach set goals.
- Good critical thinking and judgement skills to reach the best possible solution to a problem.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of people such as employees, managers, and senior management.
- Flexible and able to work on assigned weekends (Saturday/Sunday) and be on call at all times of the day and week, when assigned, to resolve any issues that arise.
Seaboard Foods is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.