Founded in 1985, SelectQuote provides solutions that help consumers protect their most valuable assets: their families, health and property. The company pioneered the model of providing unbiased comparisons from multiple, highly rated insurance companies allowing consumers to choose the policy and terms that best meet their unique needs. Two foundational pillars underpin SelectQuote’s success: a strong force of highly trained and skilled agents, who provide consultative needs analysis for every consumer, and proprietary technology that sources and routes high-quality leads. The company has three core business lines: SelectQuote Senior, SelectQuote Life and SelectQuote Auto and Home. SelectQuote Senior, the largest and fastest-growing business, serves the needs of a demographic that sees 10,000 people turn 65 each day with a range of Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement plans.
SelectQuote is looking to hire Information Technology interns to join our Program Management team for the summer of 2022. This position will offer the individual the opportunity to participate in the different aspects of the software acquisition, change management, and implementation. The Information Technology Intern will apply a statistical problem solving approach to questions relating to SelectQuote’s Technology Vision & strategy.
As a member of the SelectQuote IT Team, the IT Intern will have the opportunity to learn and apply an analytical problem solving approach to a diverse set of business problems. The IT Intern will work directly with the Managers and members of the IT team, as well as other stakeholders who work with technology around SelectQuote. This internship will prepare the candidate for future work in the field of IT by equipping them to leverage a variety of tools and techniques to answer business questions. This is a paid position.
Responsibilities & Rotations:
- Assess IT operations to identify opportunities in need of transformation (gap analysis, gap elimination)
- Assist in the implementation of identified IT programs
- Assist in the creation of documentation, training materials and change management messaging
- Work with Compliance, Internal Audit and Information Security teams to identify and address areas in need of improvement
- Maintain project schedules and providing feedback on projects
- Participate in project meetings, collect meeting notes, and identify deliverables
What You Need to be Successful:
- Currently enrolled in Junior or Senior year of college/university
- Degree focused in Business Administration, Business, Finance, Economics, Organizational Leadership, or Computer Science
- Relevant previous internship experience or the completion of a project that demonstrates aptitude for program management or process improvement
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem Solving skills and an attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and with a team