As the Marketing Automation Intern, you will support SelectQuote’s robust lifecycle marketing program through email and SMS communications. We need an email marketing and analytics intern who’s excited to learn. Our marketing team works at a fast pace and we need someone who isn’t afraid to keep up. This person will help with implementation and best practices for our email campaigns. They will also contribute to our monthly data tracking and get hands-on experience with the marketing automation platform. Daily responsibilities will include building out email templates, drip campaigns, newsletters, segments, and tracking overall performance.
- You Are Self-motivated.
- You’re able to take on a project without too much direction and see it through to the end.
- Eager. You’re ready and willing to learn several new tools and begin using them in your daily workflow.
- Confident. When it comes to decision making, you know how and when to push back on certain details.
- Work well independently as well as be able to collaborate cross-departmentally and within the CLM team
- You describe yourself as an up-and coming marketer who is analytical, creative, organized, and curious.
- You enjoy researching new things, analyzing data, creating reports, discussing marketing campaign strategy, and working with others in a dynamic team environment.
During the internship, you will train and execute on the following tasks:
- Send campaigns/sequence emails and SMS
- Create emails and SMS as needed
- Use digital illustration, photo editing software
- Design email layouts, including selection of colors, images, and typefaces
- Be highly proficient in Microsoft Office and Google G Suite
- Have a working knowledge of basic marketing and sales techniques
- Discussing and grasping the differences in the divisional core message and target audiences
- Ideally, you have exposure into the world of digital marketing (classroom experience or prior internships/work experience).
- Bachelor’s degree (or in progress). Preferred focus in Marketing, Communications, Business, Analytics or related field
- Some knowledge of database is essential
- Strong analytical and detail-oriented aptitude; a high degree of accuracy is required.
- Some exposure to SQL and Python strongly preferred
- Fast learner who is assertive, career minded and seeks additional responsibility as earned
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment managing multiple projects, multiple channels and segments simultaneously in a cross-functional team
- Basic understanding of email marketing and passion for learning more within lifecycle / CRM marketing
- Experience with or knowledge of marketing automation/workflows, CRM administration, digital marketing, and social media platforms, preferred
- Basic understanding of analytics tools, funnel tracking, and performance metrics
- PowerPoint and presentation proficient Certifications in Google Analytics or other industry tools a huge plus
- Outstanding Communication Skills (verbal & written)
- Microsoft Office Suite/Google Docs (including proficiency in use of Excel and PowerPoint)