Founded in 1985, SelectQuote provides solutions that help consumers protect their most valuable assets: their families, health and property. The company pioneered the model of providing unbiased comparisons from multiple, highly rated insurance companies allowing consumers to choose the policy and terms that best meet their unique needs. Two foundational pillars underpin SelectQuote’s success: a strong force of highly trained and skilled agents, who provide consultative needs analysis for every consumer, and proprietary technology that sources and routes high-quality leads. The company has three core business lines: SelectQuote Senior, SelectQuote Life and SelectQuote Auto and Home. SelectQuote Senior, the largest and fastest-growing business, serves the needs of a demographic that sees 10,000 people turn 65 each day with a range of Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement plans.
SelectQuote is looking to hire Information Technology interns to join our Security Operations team for the summer of 2022. This position will offer the individual the opportunity to participate in the different aspects of the security assessment and threat modeling process. The Security Operations Intern will apply a analytical problem solving approach to questions relating to SelectQuote’s security posture.
As a member of the SelectQuote Security Operations Team, the SecOps Intern will have the opportunity to learn and apply an analytical problem solving approach to a diverse set of business problems. The SecOps Intern will work directly with the Managers and members of the IT team, as well as other stakeholders who work with technology around SelectQuote. This internship will prepare the candidate for future work in the field of cybersecurity by equipping them to leverage a variety of tools and techniques to answer business questions. This is a paid position.
- Assess security operations to identify opportunities in need of transformation (gap analysis, gap elimination)
- Administers Cyber Security policies to control physical and virtual access to systems.
- Performs tests to ensure compliance with Cyber Security policies and procedures.
- Assist in the creation of process documentation, training materials and security compliance reports
- Work with Compliance, Internal Audit and Managed Security Service Providers to identify and address areas in need of improvement
- Maintain project schedules and provide feedback on projects
- Participate in project meetings, collect meeting notes, and identify deliverables
What You Need to be Successful:
- Currently enrolled in Junior or Senior year of college/university
- Degree focused in Business Administration, Business, Finance, Economics, Organizational Leadership, Cyber Security, or Computer Science
- Relevant previous internship experience or the completion of a project that demonstrates aptitude for program management or process improvement
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem Solving skills and an attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and with a team