The Real Estate and Facility Management Intern will support the Real Estate and Facility Management team in all areas on the department. The individual will perform small projects, workplace planning & execution, process documentation, and miscellaneous light physical work for building services as assigned by supervisor. Join our real estate team for a 12-week internship experience!
- Coordinate minor repair & maintenance, workplace, and building services projects
- Collaborate with landlords to address lease obligations
- Support the creation, documentation, and training of building systems operating and emergency response procedures
- Establish and load facility asset information into the CMMS, including preventive maintenance timing and procedures
- Support the RFP and contractual process for service providers; schedule and guide on-site providers
- Work with department representatives to coordinate move/add/change (MAC) activity
- Use department technology to complete tasks – IWMS (CAFM and CMMS), AutoCAD, building automation system, MS Office software, etc.
- Support the execution of office services duties
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Gain exposure to all aspects of the Real Estate and Facility Management department
- Apply skills to complete projects on time and within budget
- Exposure to real estate and facility management principles and building codes
- Knowledge of project management fundamentals
- Ability to analyze instructions, implement requirements, and document outcomes
- Strong sense of initiative and result driven
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Primarily office environment with exposure to building mechanical areas
- High amount of mobility throughout the day
- Able to exert up to 30 pounds of force occasionally and up to 10 pounds of force frequently
Experience, Education & Certifications:
- Currently enrolled at an accredited university working towards completion of a Bachelor’s degree pursuing a degree in Facility Management, Industrial Engineering, or related field
- Two years of completed coursework by May 2022
- Prior experience with MS Office software is preferred
Additional Program Details:
- Competitive compensation
- Full intern summer events program highlighting our field, stores, and corporate experiences.
- Campus Ambassador opportunities
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental, communicative or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.